CT Applications Engineer - United States
CT Application Specialist provides application engineering support with a focus on computed tomography (CT) applications. They provide high quality demonstrations and customer support for ZEISS CT Metrology and Inspection products in support of CT Product sales goals. They are responsible for all technical product and sales support activities necessary to achieve company objectives for CT Products.
CT Applications Engineer
- Evaluate customer parts to define measurement solutions that use our systems. Prepare and conduct CT product demonstrations for prospective Metrotom & VoluMax customers.
- Provide technical consultation to sales team and our distributor network to help them win new CT system projects.
- Work with Product Management, facilitate the flow and accuracy of technical information to the field sales force.
- Develop technical content for use in targeted marketing campaigns.
- Provide technical training to our sales team, other applications engineers, and our distributor network.
- Provide technical after-sales support for customers to help insure successful use of our systems.
- Provide technical support and training to customers.
- Provide automation support for VoluMax projects. Work with the Projects team to gather customer requirements and formulate a solution and proposal for automated systems. Document the Theory of Operation for the system and include as part of the proposal.
- Maintain knowledge of major competitors’ products and practices in order to provide market intelligence to the sales (competitive analysis), marketing and product design teams.
- Participate in prospect/customer support activities as needed and support account development needs of the distribution channel and field sales personnel.
- Assist with product promotional events such as sales meetings, product road shows and trade shows.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings centered on requirements for product changes and new product development.
- 4 year degree in technical discipline (physics, optics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering).
- 2-4 years Applications or product development experience with CT and/or X-ray measurement systems desired.
- Read and understand engineering drawings.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Helpful to have an understanding of 3D mathematics and computer programming techniques in any of the modern scientific computer languages.
- Write clear and concise technical reports.
- Perform in a sales related capacity as necessary during product demonstrations or customer sales calls, and relate the benefits of our products to problem solutions for potential customers.
- Apply problem solving skills while working independently from problem statement to solution.
- Learn independently to find solutions to potential customer measurement problems.
- Travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (20% to 30%).
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page.