Crop Geneticist with expertise in genomics - Belgium
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Proactively drive and manage gene-discovery and technology development activities, with a primary focus on wheat.
- Generate creative new concepts, strategies and processes for efficient gene/genetic element discovery and validation
- Ensure timely communication of status, progress and results to stakeholders within company Research, as well as to external audiences.
- Help drive cooperation across different research groups and collaborators.
Who you are
The successful candidate should possess broad, up-to-date technical skills across the core domains of Next Generation crop Genetics and Genomics, and will be responsible for activities that include fine-mapping, QTL-cloning, exploitation of novel genetic variation and the implementation of NGS-based workflows and analyses.
- PhD preferably in the area of Quantitative or Statistical Crop Genetics with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience, and a demonstrated track record.
- Highly motivated, with an innovative, results-driven and open-minded attitude towards newly emerging solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills with full professional proficiency in English.
- Experience in wheat is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in the effective management and analysis of large data-sets.
- Knowledge of R, Perl and/or Python scripting is a plus.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and to adapt to the atmosphere of a dynamic global research organization.