CRA Manager (Oncology) - South Region Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The CRA Manager manages the performance of a team of Oncology CRA’s to support business needs.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work allocation, staff development and performance appraisal.
- Provides input for capacity planning, including reporting of current manpower and forecasting of CRA capacity and needs, to provide efficient use of resources.
- Work with CRA and other functions to ensure consistency of processes and protocol implementation across the country, to reduce variability and provide predictability.
- Interacts with sites as needed to resolve site operational issues to meet commitments in a timely manner.
- Attend local Investigator Meetings as necessary.
- Interface with GCTO/Merck partners on clinical trial execution.
- Escalates site performance issues to Oncology Clinical Research Director.
- People and Resource Management:
- Manage CRA – career development, performance reviews, etc. Support and resolve escalation of issues from CRAs.
- Liaise with local HR and finance functions as required.
- Contribute to HQ capacity/resource planning activities to ensure efficient allocation of resources and work. Manage local conflicts between resource and work.
- Provides training, support and mentoring to the CRA to ensure continuous development.
- Ensures CRA compliance to corporate policies, procedures and quality standards
*This is a remote/Home-based role. The CRA Manager will be located within the geographic area of responsibility where practical.
*Preferred candidate will reside within the territory.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: BA/BS or higher with a strong emphasis in science and/or biology
- A minimum of 2 years CRA management experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a CRA monitoring Oncology studies.
- Possess the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent people management, time management, project management, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal) in local language and English
- History of strong performance
- Expertise in and excellent working knowledge of core systems and tools
- Skills and judgment required to be a good steward/decision maker for the company.
- Proficient in the use of core trial management systems.
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of all applicable ICH/GCP regulations
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Clinical Research Monitor
Job Title:Associate Director, Clinical Research
Primary Location: NA-US-TX-Dallas
Other Locations: NA-US-Louisiana, NA-US-New Mexico, NA-US-TX-Houston, NA-US-AZ-Phoenix, NA-US-OK-Oklahoma City, NA-US-Arizona, NA-US-Texas, NA-United States, NA-US-AZ-Tucson, NA-US-Oklahoma, NA-US-Arkansas
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Oncology, Regional Manager, Project Manager, Manager, Healthcare, Management, Research, Technology