Country HR Manager - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
- Our company is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "company Store," through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect.
- Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors.
- With people, services, technology and scale, our company delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
- What do you envision for your future? At our company, we strive to see life more clearly.
- Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
- We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company, employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries.
- We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it.
- As a global leader,our company can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare. Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
- We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities.
- We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles people like you!
- This role is the first point of contact for managers and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions .
- Individual will play a critical role in executing key HR initiatives for all businesses in our company(Healthcare Systems, Healthcare Digital, Life Sciences).
- The HRM is supported by our internal Shared Service Center.
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple senior leaders and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organizations with acquired businesses, union relations, or global footprints.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies.
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate.
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like Performance Development, Salary Planning, Talent Management, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
- Focusing on identification, selection, and retention of world-class talent to ensure a dynamic pipeline of talent
- Member of the local works council
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Human Resources or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Significant experience with HR Generalist responsibilities such as recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee development or performance management.
- Experience working in a matriced work environment preferred.
- Outstanding communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment and effectively interface with high-level leaders
- Process and detail oriented, including strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements and experience in working with Works Councils
- Very good knowledge of Dutch and English and good knowledge of French
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
- Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement