Country Director, Germany & DACH Region - Germany
Director of Sales EMEA
The Country Director for DACH is responsible for the profitable growth of Aerogen’s business in the Germany, Austria and Switzerland in line with Aerogen’s corporate objectives. To oversee the development and execution of Aerogen’s commercial business strategy. This requires a leader who wants to create and drive commercial change management, is comfortable engaging and interacting with customers throughout the acute care hospital from floor to C suite level. You will be a relationship/trust builder within our direct team and with our key distribution partners, and be self-driven, goal orientated and very ambitious individual, who realises that commercial success is the only meaningful measure of achievement.
Duties / Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Aerogen’s growth plan which includes 4 key objectives
- To drive end user growth in Intensive care and critical care
- To create demand, drive end user growth and market adoption for Aerogen’s Aerosol Drug Delivery technology in the emergency care departments and acute care wards
- To maintain and grow Aerogen’s base in the home care ventilation business
- And to ensure the integrated commercial success of the German organization:
- Corporate/National Accounts
- Customer service
- Clinical – Dotted line responsibility
- Deliver financial results through the achievement of key performance indicators, end user sales and distributor inventory targets for example and balanced scorecard results linked to Sales.
- Analyze financial and operational performance against plan and take all necessary actions to deliver company objectives
- Align with the Senior VP of Global Sales and Marketing and EMEA Sales Director on strategy goals and objectives
- Drive the organizational and cultural changes needed to partner and advance our go to market strategies.
- Ensure the analysis, development, communication and understanding of key market and customer trends
- Effectively leverage key industry information and market knowledge to gain competitive advantage in the marketplace. Strengthen the external image of the business with key opinion leaders.
- Actively manage and develop the Aerogen German commercial team and support achievement of the company’s management objectives
- Lead a high performing team, and model team and leadership behaviours for the rest of the Aerogen sales and marketing organization.
- Provide high standards for performance feedback, development, and career conversations.
- Lead the effort to build leadership capabilities of high potential talent in the US sales and marketing organization, and actively build/sustain a pipeline of internal talent.
- Build and develop the capabilities of the German Team.
- Ensures operational excellence through Sales and marketing integration across Aerogen. Drives a culture of best practice sharing and continuous improvement.
- Ensure open and effective lines of communication and collaboration with National Accounts, Marketing, Operations and other functions to achieve companywide goals.
- Oversee the management of key customer relationships to foster customer advocates and help close strategic sales opportunities. Engage in major customer negotiations as appropriate, while leveraging managers effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Drive a collaborative culture to ensure teams are mobilized effectively to meet strategic business goals together as one Aerogen team.
- Experience of driving strategic change to meet changing business needs, and exploring new business models. Proven experience working collaboratively as part of a leadership team, and ability to influence decision making with business stakeholders in a complex, regional, environment.
- Demonstrated success building a go-to-market strategy and national sales planning, building and leading a direct sales organisation and dealing with third-party distributors
- Demonstrated success in identifying and growing sales and marketing talent; proven ability to cultivate and develop high performing sales and marketing teams. Experience with strategic consultative selling.
- Prior track record of successfully engaging and motivating highly productive sales and marketing teams.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced company.
- Ability to focus quickly on key priorities and mobilize others to act.
- Ability to challenge status quo in a respectful, collaborative manner.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse areas of expertise.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Self-reliant problem solver who is results oriented.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Previous experience in a direct sales organization within the German market
- Fluent German and English speaker
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; a Master’s in Business Administration preferred
- 10 years + Medical Device Sales leadership, Experience in the Respiratory Acute Care setting preferred.
- Visionary leadership preferably demonstrated in different business environments and models.
- Environmental Conditions: Normal Office Conditions : Travel at least 50%
Closing Date for Application
Closing Date: 22nd January 2018
Aerogen is the world’s leading medical device company specialising in the design, manufacture and commercialisation of aerosol drug delivery systems.
Founded in Galway, Ireland in 1997, we have grown to become the global leader in high-performance aerosol drug delivery, partnering our technology with the leading mechanical ventilation companies.
Aerogen technology is used by millions of patients and caregivers in over 75 countries worldwide.
To find out more go to www.aerogen.com