Counsel - Commercial and Compliance (Upper Gwynedd, PA) Job Gwynedd United States,
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Counsel, Commercial and Compliance group, Office of General Counsel, provides legal support and counseling to business partners on a broad range of commercial, compliance and contracting matters. The position requires the ability to provide timely, practical and creative solutions while managing legal risks.
- Provide day-to-day advice on a broad range of commercial issues to the U.S. sales and marketing organization (Global Human Health Division)
- Counsel in areas related to Anti-kickback issues, contracting, business compliance and Federal Healthcare programs, including VA/DoD, Medicare and Medicaid
- Counsel on contracting with PBMs, health plans, specialty and retail pharmacies, wholesalers Federal markets and other customers
- Provide legal services, advice and guidance that is consistent with law and Company policy; furthers business objectives and appropriately balances divisional/function/corporate business objectives and legal risks
- Exercise judgment to drive decisions on routine and non-routine matters within area of practice
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelors' Degree is required
- Graduate of an accredited U.S. law school
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum five years of experience providing legal advice on business or commercial matters
- Admission to the Bar of Pennsylvania or another state
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork
- Ability to manage a portfolio of issues in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare areas
- Expertise in Anti-Kickback, as well as experience with matters relating to Federal Healthcare programs, including VA/DoD, Medicare and Medicaid
- Prior experience in contracting with PBMs, health plans, specialty and retail pharmacies, wholesalers, Federal markets and other customers
- Expertise in government pricing
Our employees are the key to our company s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Regulatory/Commercial/Market Support
Job Title:Dir, Legal
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Compliance, Animal Health, Law, Sales, Science, Legal, Veterinary
Find a Job Find Candidates