Cost Accountant - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Perform daily, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc cost rolls, review for accuracy and document explanation for changes.
- Maintains production routers (crew and rates) and other necessary costing master data for new products and annual updates
- Prepare monthly journal entries and perform analysis and reporting specific to standard cost variances, specifically, POV, inventory revaluations, and absorption.
- Perform monthly master data verification and annual reviews of master data in preparation for new standards creation or based on ad hoc requests.
- Review with appropriate groups and make agreed upon changes.
- Support Operations Finance department with preparing product cost estimates, integrations or miscellaneous analysis and reporting as necessary.
- Ability to analyze and summarize data, provide appropriate review of details and challenge to results as necessary to drive accuracy and consistency of reporting
- Requires strong computer proficiency in Excel and SAP (or similar ERP system) and a preference in having experience with crystal reports (or similar reporting software).
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently to meet deadlines and be willing to work additional or flexible hours as needed
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting combined with 1-2 years of manufacturing accounting experience or 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment combined with at least 2 years of post-secondary education and progress toward a degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must possess knowledge of accepted theory and application of financial and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP)