This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 20 June 2017
Reporting to the Cost Accounting Manager, this position will be responsible for the review and preparation of standard cost calculations and analysis including materials, labor, overhead, royalties, transfer pricing, and other business activities. This position will provide support to the site specific costing teams and Operations Finance management. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform daily, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc cost rolls, review for accuracy and document explanation for changes.
- Maintains production routers (crew and rates) and other necessary costing master data for new products and annual updates
- Prepare monthly journal entries and perform analysis and reporting specific to standard cost variances, specifically, POV, inventory revaluations, and absorption.
- Perform monthly master data verification and annual reviews of master data in preparation for new standards creation or based on ad hoc requests.
- Review with appropriate groups and make agreed upon changes.
- Support Operations Finance department with preparing product cost estimates, integrations or miscellaneous analysis and reporting as necessary.
- Ability to analyze and summarize data, provide appropriate review of details and challenge to results as necessary to drive accuracy and consistency of reporting
- Requires strong computer proficiency in Excel and SAP (or similar ERP system) and a preference in having experience with crystal reports (or similar reporting software).
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently to meet deadlines and be willing to work additional or flexible hours as needed
- Must have a Bachelor s degree in accounting combined with 1-2 years of manufacturing accounting experience or 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment combined with at least 2 years of post-secondary education and progress toward a degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must possess knowledge of accepted theory and application of financial and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP)
Allegan Michigan United States
Find a Job Find Candidates