Are you a recent graduate or upcoming graduate looking to get into the Lab Animal Science? The Corporate Response Team is responsible for providing continuing service to Charles River Laboratories clients throughout the United States, and are assigned to various sites based upon need, experience and skills. The Corporate Response Team home base is Bethesda, Maryland. Team members are required to be flexible with regards to changing work locations, including travel to client sites outside of the metropolitan Washington, DC area, which is usually about 10%, most assignments are in the Washington, DC metro area. This is a Full-Time position working Mon-Fri, 40 hours a week.
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
- Monitor animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations and animal husbandry duties to include: performing daily equipment checks; providing appropriate food and water; performing cage changing and/or cage cleaning; recording animal health concerns.
- Provide environmental enrichment appropriate to species.
- Maintain accurate records of animal breeding, health, and housing/isolator or support areas.
- Assist with restraint, handling and manipulation of various animal species as assigned by the on-site supervisor or facility/attending veterinarian.
- Follow all procedures necessary to properly maintain animal housing areas, including room or facility personnel entry; personnel protective equipment use, and sanitation/decontamination of equipment and materials.
- Receive, inspect and house incoming animals.
- Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
- Sanitize, maintain, and repair caging materials as directed. Maintain cage wash facilities in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintain facility equipment and perform routine preventative maintenance on cage wash and autoclaves, including routine inspection of cleaning filters, roto-arms, and other critical control points as directed.
- Assist with the receipt, stocking and maintenance of supply inventories.
- Prepare and submit required written records, charts, logs and inventories.
- Interact with customers as directed to resolve customer requests, inquiries, and complaints, and may be tasked to provide technical assistance.
- May be tasked to assist with breeding and weaning procedures to ensure appropriate production levels.
- May be tasked to assist with technical procedures, such as blood and/or tissue collection, injections, surgical prep, administering anesthesia, and assisting with surgical procedures.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science, Biology or Biological Science.
- Experience: Six (6) months of animal care and handling in a laboratory or similar environment desired.
- Certification/Licensure: Obtain AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level (ALAT) upon eligibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet