Corporate Counsel Supplier Contracting and Compliance - United States
Provide expert analysis and counsel on domestic, international and/or global supplier contracting and related compliance matters, including general legal issues related to supplier contracting matters pertinent to strategic corporate transactions and agreements, including those of an international and cross-border nature, and other specific matters as requested
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a member of the global procurement leadership team representing legal.
- Draft, negotiate and review commercial and corporate contracts, with primary emphasis on domestic, international and/or global supply contracts.
- Draft and maintain contract templates for supplies and services based on contracting strategy
- Work with procurement leadership to develop and maintain corporate contracting strategy
- Provide analysis and counsel on legal and policy issues pertinent to supply contracts
- Interact with and manage outside counsel in supply-chain related matters.
- Anticipate and protect against legal risks facing the company’s supplier environment.
- Assist in developing and recommending company policy and position on legal issues pertinent to the company’s supplier contracting.
- Conduct and coordinate research pertinent to the company’s supplier contracting.
- Represent the Company or its officials in supplier contracting negotiations and diligence exercises.
- Develop and recommend supplier contracting operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Oversee supplier-related compliance initiatives, including providing training, policies, processes and advice to relevant functions (including antitrust, anti-bribery, anti-corruption, import-export, etc.).
- Work closely with procurement leadership on strategic relationships to develop mitigation strategies for supply chain risks
- Work closely with procurement leadership to ensure efficient processes and systems related to legal, compliance, and contracting.
- Develop legal organization requirements, implement, manage and ensure compliance to contracts database, working with procurement management.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) and Juris Doctor or equivalent from an accredited law school in the US or equivalent common law degree and license to practice law in another jurisdiction.
- Experience: Minimum 8 years of related experience, preferably in a combination of large law firm and corporate setting, with some international experience and a minimum of 10 years with significant focus on supplier contracting and compliance.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Experience working closely with procurement in a global/multi-national organization.
- Certification/Licensure: Current license in any US State Bar as an attorney qualified to practice law.
- Other: Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations. Knowledge of compliance requirements for biopharmaceutical industry across key global regions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet