Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the direction of a Senior Corporate Counsel, this Corporate Counsel will work within the contracts/transactional sub-group of the legal department. The Corporate Counsel will provide strategic advice and counsel to various internal functions including the Medical Affairs group and will review and negotiate commercial and clinical agreements including, Investigator Initiated Study Agreements, Clinical Study Agreements, Vendor Agreements including Master Services Provider and Service Provider Agreements. Additional responsibilities include reviewing and negotiating Confidentiality Agreements, Consulting Agreements, and other transactional documents. Leveraging in depth contracts knowledge, the Corporate Counsel can reliably counsel mid to senior level management of the company and can synthesize legal opinion to business objectives. The Corporate Counsel will also support the Senior leadership of the legal team. The Corporate Counsel will have frequent contact with all departments of the corporation and will be the primary legal support for the Medical Affairs Department. High volume of contracts requires the ability to meet tight deadlines. Must have strong interpersonal skills, be a team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
Minimum Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Candidate should have 4-8 years of experience, must have a J.D. and be admitted to at least one state Bar, New Jersey or New York Bar preferred.
- At least four years of experience as an attorney in transactional law with either a law firm or corporation in the pharmaceutical, chemical or biological sciences industry.
- Candidates must have strong contract negotiation and drafting skills and proven ability to develop and implement legal strategies that support business and financial objectives.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, processing multiple transactions to satisfactory completion.
- Ability to appropriately balance legal and business risks while complying with short turnaround cycles and setting client expectations
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- History of self-motivation, sound judgment and excellent interpersonal relations.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Find a Job Find Candidates