This job is currently Archived,
Corporate Counsel in Legal affairs Bagsværd Denmark,
Novo Nordisk (company)
Posted on : 20 March 2017
- Do you want to be part of a high performing team in one of the world s leading pharmaceutical companies?
- Then you might be the right person for our company, as we are currently searching for a dedicated Corporate Counsel to be part of the Litigation & Compliance team.
About the department
- The Litigation and Compliance team is part of Legal Affairs.
- We have responsibility for managing key litigations and government investigations around the world, and for driving global compliance programmes within business ethics, competition law, export controls and sanctions, and personal data protection.
- You will be part of an ambitious and dynamic team consisting of 10 employees who strive to deliver high quality results in close collaboration with our global legal and business stakeholders, including our +200 Global Legal colleagues situated at +40 locations around the world.
- We offer an exciting and challenging position that, for the right candidate, will provide a unique opportunity to impact the way we safeguard our company by driving global litigations and government investigations.
- Your key responsibilities will include assessing legal risks, providing strategic advice to senior management, supervising individual cases in collaboration with internal and external counsel, communicating with global stakeholders, managing case budgets, and driving projects to improve how company manages its litigation and compliance responsibilities.
- To succeed you will need to engage a diverse range of stakeholders both within Global Legal and across the organisation (incl. Patents, Finance, Communications, and Business Development), incl. by preparing and delivering written and oral presentations on legal and business risks.
- The job is focused on litigations and government investigations, but also offers the opportunity to assist on compliance related tasks and projects.
- Law degree and admission to practice as a lawyer in at least one jurisdiction
- +3 years of experience practicing law (pharma industry experience preferred, but not mandatory)
- Strong legal acumen and sound business judgment
- The ability to drive multiple cases and projects simultaneously and can take a strategic approach to prioritization and risk management
- Strong written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills, which enable you to clearly convey complex issues in an easy to understand manner and to navigate among stakeholders from different cultures and business functions
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks and advance practical solutions
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Open-minded, a team player with a high level of energy, focus on quality, and the ability to perform well under pressure
- Experience with litigation and government investigations, incl. managing discovery (U.S. experience an advantage)Because of the complexity of our matters, project management insight or experience is also an advantage.
Working with Us:
- We strive for excellence.
- As a world leader in diabetes care and a major player in haemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy,
- We offer our employees opportunities for continuous growth.
Find a Job Find Candidates