This job is currently Archived,
Coordinator, Patient and Provider Services Santa Monica United States,
Job Score (company)
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Our company is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells.
- Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team.
- Our company is publicly traded with a current market capitalization well over $2 Billion.
- The Patient and Provider Services Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and processing all administrative activities and successfully assisting in the facilitation of a patient s case from enrollment to the program through case completion while providing an exceptional customer experience throughout the entire process.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Promptly answers and triages incoming hotline calls
- Reviews new patient cases in the database system using the information submitted on the portal
- Verifies patient demographics, insurance details, and caregiver contacts are provided
- Completes all enrollment activities including providing an acknowledgment notice to the referring party via the departmental approved method
- Reviews case upon receipt of referral to determine appropriate next steps based on defined process
- Alerts Case Manager if enrollment items are missing and follows up with the referring party as appropriate
- Follows all program Standard Operating Procedures
- Meets established program timelines pertaining to enrollment and other administrative responsibilities
- Provides Case Manager support with all administrative tasks pertaining to patients and healthcare professionals
- Assists Case Manager with the coordination and logistics of the product and ancillary supplies needed for treatment, documenting all communication during the process
- Minimizes obstacles to coverage by using judgment to successfully plan administrative next steps
- Provides administrative support to Case Manager in coordinating with internal quality, supply chain and other internal teams to resolve issues
- Supports the Operations Program Manager on program initiatives and departmental goals
- Responds to internal team member case-related questions
- Participates in daily informal check-in s with team
- Attends weekly team meeting
- Excellent oral communication and customer service skills
- Effective administrative skills
- Proven ability to think strategically and to prioritize
- Strong documentation skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to work enthusiastically with others
- Self-confident and resourceful
- Exhibits initiative, flexibility, and dependability
- Quality work and attention to detail
- Humility and integrity
- Team player
- Business acumen / business savvy
- Two or more years of customer / patient services experience preferably in a pharma / biotech or health services environment specializing in oncology
- Knowledge of the healthcare insurance reimbursement market preferred but not required
- Previous experience working in a pharmaceutical patient assistance program preferred
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Nursing or social work education a plus although not required
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
- We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 200 employees in this successful, fast growing company.
- A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation.
Santa Monica CA
Find a Job Find Candidates