Perrigo Nutritionals is the largest supplier of store-brand infant formula in the world with distribution to leading retailers. The Vermont facility is the only ISO 9001 certified infant formula manufacturing facility in the United States.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT, has an opening for a Controls Engineer. The Controls Engineer manages/designs the automation/controls portion of multiple manufacturing related capital projects from the conceptual stage through engineering design development, installation, start-up, training and close out.
1. Extensive and detailed documentation to communicate project progress, engineering analysis/studies and regulatory compliance requirements. Maintains detailed project-related records.
2. Complete project execution consisting of system design and programming, documentation management, vendor/contractor management, equipment procurement, project schedule and budget adherence, as well as installation and start-up support. Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems. Trouble shoot, correct problems and provide technical support for new and existing systems. Develop validation documentation and implement validation plans. Manage Vendors and consultants to ensure that contracts contain appropriate technical specification and are delivered as required. Author, review and revise SOP’s and provide training.
3. Responsible for drafting and submitting funding approval requests for projects.
4. Communicates and works closely with multidiscipline team of engineers and operators to develop functional specifications for process control modifications or changes, as well as other key people to ensure smooth running of production.
5. Travel to Factory Acceptance Test’s as required.
6. Monitors project progress and develops strategies to meet design, budget and schedule targets.
7. Ensures all regulatory and company procedures are followed.
8. Continually updates knowledge of appropriate cGMP, FDA, PMO, 3A, USDA, ADA, GAMP and other State and Federal regulations.
- B.S. degree in Engineering required. Professional Engineer license desirable.
- 5 yrs engineering and project design/management experience in food/pharmaceutical industry, preferably with evaporator/dryer manufacturing/dryer experience.
- Computer knowledge of FDA, cGMP, 3A, USDA, PMO, ISO.
- Effective writing and verbal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Work in changing environment where teamwork and collaboration are required.
- Ability to develop and incorporate innovative concepts and technologies into functional processes.
- Ability to use and interpret analytical techniques to verify or select alternate design approaches.
- Excellent project engineering and project management experience.
- Highly proficient with application and design of programmable controls (PLC) hardware and software.
- Highly proficient with application and design of HMI software.
- Highly proficient with data base applications and data transfer across different platforms.
- Highly proficient with basic electrical codes and standards.
- Highly proficient with basic safety standards.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Internal applicants can apply by end of day April 12, 2017 to be considered.
Internal applicants' direct supervisor and senior management will be notified by the talent acquisition team upon candidacy.