Controls Compliance Manager - United States
Our company is looking for a Controls Compliance Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- This position will report to and support the Corporate Assistant Controller. Works across functions, geographies, and business units, especially with the finance and audit functions to help create, execute, monitor, assess and improve company's control deficiencies and corporate compliance programs.
- Maintain global ICOFR data (process controls, entity level controls and related automated controls, key reports and spreadsheets, General IT Controls).
- Collaborate with process owners (PO) to update ICOFR data timely.
- Aid PO in documenting and implementing new controls.
- Maintain a good understanding of the IT systems supporting the entity and process level controls to leverage automated controls where applicable.
- Identify areas of potential ICOFR improvements and support the implementation of improvements.
- Participate in annual walk through to prepare for auditors' review of Flowcharts (supplemented by narratives, as needed).
- Mediate audit findings to mitigate deficiencies efficiently and ensure compliance.
- Maintain a dashboard of control deficiencies and remediation efforts, expected completion dates, etc.
- Work with PO to ensure the timely remediation of control deficiencies.
- Complete "Summary of Internal Control Deficiencies" for management and auditor use.
- Facilitate internal and external audit status meetings.
- Reduce control deficiencies, year over year.
- Through ICOFR process and documentation improvements and fewer findings, work to reduce external audit fees and internal audit hours.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent. Advanced degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- 8+ years' experience in a compliance, auditing, or finance role at a regulated company, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience leading and managing complex multi-stakeholder global projects and administering cloud-based compliance systems.
- International experience is highly desired.
- Experience in healthcare, pharmaceuticals, medical device, life science, or clinical diagnostics a strong plus.
- Strong management experience and ability to lead a remote team.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis, interpersonal, oral/written skills.
- Knowledge of information systems and foreign language skills a plus.
- Able to act as an effective ambassador internally and externally for the Corporate Controls Compliance Function.
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, US Federal Sentencing Guidelines, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICOFR), ethics and compliance best practices.
- Knowledge of global data privacy requirements and OFAC requirements a strong plus.
- Adept at creation of statistical reports and self-assessment tools that establish trends and identify areas of potential non-compliance.
- Able to work independently, define challenges, collect statistical data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, flowchart tools and technology in general.
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- To all recruitment agencies: Our company does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a company Staffing Representative.
- Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Our company will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.