Controls and Instrumentation Lead Technician (12 Months FTC) - United Kingdom
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- We are currently recruiting for a Control and Instrumentation (C&I) Lead Technician to complement our engineering team.
- In this new, exciting and challenging role, the successful candidate will be working within our UK maintenance engineering team.
- The C&I technician will be capable of working at a higher technical level than that of an electrical craftsman.
- In the absence of the Support Group Engineer, the C&I Technician will be capable of performing in a supervisory capacity.environmental monitoring systems across our UK Animal Health business.
- Working within a production orientated environment to ‘Good Manufacturing Practice for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers’ (GMP).
- Maintaining the balance of completing maintenance and repairs with the minimum disruption whilst working safely to current legislation and guidance.
- Ensure communication and engagement with internal customers and key stakeholder.
- This position is a ‘hands on’ role, working within the central maintenance support group and reporting to the Support Group Engineer.
- Day to day duties will include servicing, maintenance, and repair of the following items of plant and equipment:
- Programmable logic controllers – software programming and fault finding.
- Electrical panels and switchgear.
- BMS/TREND – Monitoring, installation and fault-finding.
- Inverter speed controllers.
- Heating ventilation and air-conditioning Instrumentation and control
- Refrigeration plant
- Actuated valves
- Electrical controls and switchgear
- Electro-pneumatic controls
- AC and DC machines
In addition, the position will involve:
- The provision of assistance in mechanical works as required.
- Participation in a standby rota and reaction to breakdown call outs.
- The design and construction of electrical panels.
- We are inviting applications from candidates with the following skill set:
- British Technical Education Council – Ordinary National Certificate*
- City & Guilds Level 3 in an electrically biased discipline.
- The post will normally require an HNC. The post will only be awarded to an exceptional candidate with suitable experience and an ONC.
- Indentured (or equivalent) craft apprenticeship in an electrically biased discipline.
- JIB approved electrician.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the Institute of Electrical Engineers current regulations for electrical installations.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision.
- The ability to work either as an individual or as a member of a team.
- The ability to coach, lead and impart information and practical knowledge to other members of the maintenance team.
- The willingness to participate in a shift system.
- The willingness to participate in weekend and out of normal working hour’s overtime.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Instrumentation, Electrician, Maintenance, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing