Controller UK & BNL (extension of contract Flemming-31st October) - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
In charge of country financial accounting, reporting and compliance (group and local)
Manages the local finance team
Actively partners with ESSC to ensure effective collaboration
Business partner for the local business management team.
Responsible for all Commercial Finance and FP&A activities (local and in interaction with region FP&A).
- Required Skills
- Motivate the finance team to deliver timely and high quality work
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for statutory financial and tax reporting filings of the entity in accordance with local regulation and local corporate accounting and reporting.
- Ensures local compliance with internal and external financial regulations (SOX, FCPA, Sunshine Act, etc.). Takes charge of remediation projects of internal control deficiencies as required by internal and external audit
- Ensures effective collaboration with ESSC
- Is the local point of contact for government bodies, banks, stat auditors, tax authorities
- Quarterly Variance Review owner (P&L)
- Provides financial support and guidance to local management team. Participates in local management meetings and business decisions
- Provides management reporting to local team with variance analysis and recommendations.
- First line of financial review for contracts, business deals, changes to customer agreements
- Partners with region FP&A team with the support of Financial Analyst to provide accurate, relevant and timely analysis of local business drivers to required budgeting, reporting and forecasting processes.
Gatekeeper of business compliance
- Required Experience
- Must have full and all rounded experience in local accounting GAAP and local tax regulation and accounting
- Must have experience with working on a ERP - (SAP preferred)
- Must have experience in supporting a Business Organization at Management level
- Must have proven experience of Managing and developing a Team
- Must have advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to interact in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Can do attitude, hands on approach
- Team manager and people developer.
Education: List minimum education required to be considered for the position and preferred education or specific majors.
Must have accounting qualifications & University degree or equivalent required
Qualified accountant preferred
Experience: (List minimum years and types of experience required to be considered for the position.)
- 6+ years including leading a finance department in multinational company environment required
- Business partnering experience at country management level required
- Job Location
- Watford, , United Kingdom
- 2012 Finance G&A NOL(20440)
- Position Type