This position is responsible for planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the financial functions of the Perrigo Minnesota site including: financial reporting, complying with Corporate accounting and internal control policies, financial planning and analysis, and cost accounting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing all the functions of the local finance organization. Manage 2 - 3 direct reports.
- Oversee the annual financial budgeting process; working with all functional departments to develop operational plans, product cost plans, labor and department expense plans, and capital spending plans consistent with the company’s overall annual business plan. Oversee the forecast process to update these plans on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for coordination and compilation of the annual business plan (income statements, balance sheet and all key anlaysis), quarterly forecasts and the financial component of the five year strategic plan.
- Preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly financial updates and operational analysis to support decision making. Partners with operational division executives to achieve the organization’s financial and operational goals. Monitors results on a continuous basis and communicates issues and profit opportunities.
- Develop and implement all internal cost factors and methods for applying cost to products, inventory values, functional and operational areas, including overhead rates, standard labor rates, internal allocations and assessments, and activity-based analysis factors.
- Oversees the capital requisition and related approval process. Ensures compliance with the Corporate capital policy.
- Hire, train, and organize staff to ensure daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed timely and accurately, to meet process deadlines and schedules.
- Monitor and review performance of direct reports, and provide prompt and objective coaching and counseling. Resolve performance, job satisfaction, and interpersonal issues, balancing employee and department needs. Develop appropriate training plans for direct reports, providing for both employee and department development to meet changing business needs.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the site’s policies and controls consistent with Company policies and procedures, SEC and GAAP. On an ongoing basis reviews current accounting systems and procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance. Oversees the development of financial reporting information that will meet external SEC and other financial government reporting for the Company, assuring compliance with all regulations. Ensure compliance with relevant Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
- Manages cost accounting/plant accounting function. Prepares financial analyses as needed for product pricing and capital appropriations for the site. Coordinates reviews of costing changes with explanations and reviews various standard cost information for accuracy.
- Act as liaison with the site’s external auditor ensuring smooth annual and quarterly audits. Works with auditors in examination of potential changes in accounting policies and explanations in variances from actual results to budget/forecasts.
- Works closely with Operations management across the sites to assist in cost savings projects and yield initiatives. Provide estimates of savings, both hard and soft, and other variance improvements as a result of various projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance along with 8 - 12 years of related experience
- CPA designation and public accounting experience preferred
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of operational drivers and the related accounting processes, analysis and reporting
- Previous management experience required
- Solid understanding of GAAP is required
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines is required
- Excellent communication, managerial and analytical skills are required
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion is preferred
- Work experience in a public company setting is preferred
Find a Job Find Candidates