Controller (f/m) Global Commercial Operations CE - Germany
- The Controller is the Commercial Finance Leader for the country.
- Ensures overall finance, accounting, and business compliance oversight of local operation and effective collaboration with Finance Shared Service Center.
- The position is responsible for all local judgment/accrual based accounting, accounting and tax compliance of the entity in front of local regulatory bodies and local group reporting.
- Responsible for all Commercial Finance and FP&A activities (local and in interaction with region FP&A).
- Motivate the finance team to deliver timely and high quality work
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure an effective finance team structure to meet business requirements.
- Provide day-to-day management of the finance team including the training and development of team members.
- Hold regular one to one reviews with staff and team meetings. Finance Management
- Responsible for statutory financial and tax reporting filings of the entity in accordance with
- Local regulation and local corporate reporting.
- Provides financial support and guidance to local management team. Participates in local management meetings and business decisions
- Provides management reporting to local team with variance analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures local compliance with internal and external financial regulations (SOX, FCPA, Sunshine Act, etc.). Takes charge of remediation projects of internal control deficiencies as required by internal and external audit
- Is the local point of contact for government bodies, banks, stat auditors, tax authorities
- Quarterly Variance Review owner (P&L)
- First line of financial review for contracts, business deals, changes to customer agreements
- Partners with region FP&A team with the support of Financial Analyst to provide accurate, relevant and timely analysis of local business drivers to required budgeting, reporting and forecasting processes.
- Contributes as a local management team member to local business projects.
- Supervises financial supervisor and financial accountant.
- Ensures finance support to local management team (Sales, marketing, service, other support functions).
- Provides financial advice to business deals and contracts, business terms (credit limits,..)
- Gatekeeper of business compliance
- Strong statutory financial and tax accounting background
- Proficiency in US GAAP accounting
- Business partnering with sales and marketing management background
- Strong communication skills, ability to interact in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive manager of matrix issues. Takes ownership and initiatives, partners with other functions for problem solving.
- Team player, can do attitude, hands on approach
- Strong systems and process management skills.
- Ability to see bigger picture but also has an attention to detail.
- Team manager and people developer.
- Experience in implementing changes through all levels of an organization.
- Experience in set up and management of cross country Shared Service center an advantage
- Microsoft Office – including excellent Excel skills.
- ERP / SAP experience/knowledge an advantage
- Fluent German and English language skills
- MBA level with major in accounting / business finance. Qualified accountant preferred
- 6+ years including leading an accounting department in multinational environment.