Control System Engineer - China
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- To provide effective and efficient maintenance on control systems (DCS, PLC) so as to ensure a smooth and safe operation of the plants assigned.
- Implement a detailed test programming of all the safeguarding systems (SIS, FGS) in the plants assigned to ensure high availability of these systems which are vital in the protection of the units.
- Provide within own discipline specialist engineering (DCS and systems) expertise to Operations and other engineering departments in the plants assigned, including support to projects.
- Be responsible for control systems preventive/predictive maintenance work, record the defects and fix on time. Perform SAP related work. Such as material No. applying, PM model set up etc.
- To set up and optimize spare parts inventory/sourcing for DCS/PLC.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner by enforcing the company safety regulation, government legislation and national/international standards.
- Technical contribute input to annual cost budget for the area maintenance activities and monitor/control spend against budget
- Contribute to the plant availability through the management and maintenance of the plant Automation Reliability KPI.
- Bachelor degree in Automation, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Minimum 5 years experience in DCS, PLC, SIS etc. automation systems in continuous and batch production of chemical or petrochemical plants.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in discipline specialist engineering, i.e. DCS, SIS and PLC etc. Knowledge in field instrumentation is preferred.
- Ability to use various troubleshooting techniques to solve problems.
- Ability to coach provide training and guidance to the technicians.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team work.