Contracts Coordinator - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily:
- Maintain strong communication with the Legal Department, Accounts Payable (A/P) and internal customers. Be a strong team player within the Supply Chain/Procurement Department.
- Observe and follow all Procurement, Supply Chain, Vendor Management and Quality SOPs
- Maintain ERP/Cobblestone system data bases. Ensure prompt and accurate processing of contracts, requisitions, purchase orders and invoices in support of all departments and financial goals
- Review contracts in order to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications. Ensure timely legal review for Operations requirements.
- Understanding of the importance and compliance requirements for executing contracts with vendors
- Liaising with both internal and external customers to ensure prompt and correct data entry of all contracts
- Timely follow up of all correspondence between the Cobblestone system, company Legal Team, and Vendors to ensure contracts are correctly executed, signed and filed.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers
- Analyze Cobblestone every day for Contract status and action items.
- Support the Supply Chain/Procurement Department and be fully familiar with Workplace and GP and the roles they play within Supply Chain and company’s Procurement/Financial Approval Process.
- Maintain accurate purchasing standards in conjunction with Finance Department
- Review purchase order requisitions in order to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications when required.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts and orders.
- Assist the sourcing of suppliers, obtaining quotes and negotiation of contracts.
- Review of workload to be reported and undertaken regularly with Legal, Procurement and Senior Exec Admins
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1 years of contract and/or procurement experience, or High school diploma and 3 years of Contract and/or procurement experience.
- Ability to learn a legal contract and purchase order processes, use ERP systems, and participate actively in cross-functional project teams
- Experience working in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology or Medical Devices experience preferred.
- Negotiation skills with suppliers, proven cost reduction efforts, experience with contract negotiation
- 2 years’ experience with legal contracts, ERP and requisition systems
- Experience with MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Workplace, Great Plains, Cobblestone (Insight) a plus
- Ability to build partnerships across the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with minimal daily instruction.
- Ability to think strategically in order to improve current processes.