- This position is responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a broad range of contracts.
- This person must have strong business acumen, attention to detail, and thrive in a challenging environment.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, capable of re-prioritizing workloads with little notice and possess a willingness to work in a fast-paced, sometimes challenging environment.
- This position reports to the Commercial Counsel and will interact with appropriate business units to streamline activities that affect contracts and delivery of services to the Company.
- The position focuses heavily on contract review and management of contract workflow and processes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Revise, edit, and prepare red lines of complex commercial contracts, including master services agreements, laboratory service agreements, collaboration agreements, development agreements and other commercial supply agreements
- Assist in ongoing periodic review of Company contract templates, contract playbooks, Company guidelines, and contract policies and procedures.
- Analyze the legal and business obligations set forth within cont racts and evaluate risk or potentially unfavorable language .
- Support commercial counsel with drafting and revising contracts, Company contract templates, Company guidelines, and Company contract policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining Company’s internal tracking system of all pending contracts and matters.
- Effectively manage the Company’s contract management system and ensure on-time processing of all contracts from initial request through execution.
- Effectively evaluate the commercial and legal risk to the Company and suggest appropriate contract structures or terms that will provide effective risk management.
- Analyze the legal and business obligations set forth within contracts and elevate any issues to commercial counsel or commercial development as appropriate.
- Provide support to the Company’s business units and commercial counsel as related to contracts and interpretation of contractual issues.
- Draft template contracts, correspondence, memoranda, and other documentation as needed.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Admission to state bar + minimum 2 years professional experience in a law firm or corporate setting required.
- Prior experience in a CMO/CDMO, biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of legal issues and risks pertinent to contract drafting and administration.
- Solid understanding of contracting in life science companies, including the development, clinical and commercial contract processes
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, work independently, find solutions and think strategically
- Ability to complete tasks with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up, while having good judgment on when to seek guidance.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly redlining in Microsoft Word).
- Ability to work with SalesForce, DocuSign, and Apttus software.
- Experience working under pressure and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.