Contracts Associate (Temporary) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
This role will support BioMarin's Legal Department and business partners by drafting, negotiating and tracking a high volume of contracts. Duties include:
- Researching prior contracting relationship with contracting parties.
- Drafting, primarily from templates, multiple contract types including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Speaker Agreements, Advisor Agreements, Amendments, Scopes of Work, and Change Orders.
- Utilizing playbooks to negotiate contracts.
- Monitoring and tracking a large volume of contracts from draft to final signatures using Ariba, BioMarin’s contract lifecycle management system.
- Maintaining and Updating BioMarin’s contract management system for each assigned contract.
- Ensuring company-wide compliance with BioMarin’s contracting policy.
- Acting as a liaison between BioMarin, internal business partners, and outside vendors to facilitate contract execution.
- Building and maintaining relationships with business partners.
- Engaging with other functional areas within BioMarin to assess and respond to contracting needs, obligations, and revisions.
- Coordinating work flow between the Legal Department and other departments at BioMarin.
- Exercising sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, including when to esclate matters to in-house counsel.
- Driving Legal Department initiatives, including promotion and training of self-authoring program.
- Providing backup support to other Contracts Associates in the department.
- Working on other Legal Department projects or intiatives as determined by Manager.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong computer skills in database management and document preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organization and time-management skills required. Must be able to manage heavy workload and aggressive timelines in a timely manner, prioritize, and work under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with outside vendors/partners and serve as a liaison among outside counsel, in-house attorneys and business partners, and proactively communicate regarding relevant issues and deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, a quick learner, and have a strong work ethic.
- Experience in contracts administration or other relevant experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience at a large law firm or within an in-house legal department of a public company a plus.
- Experience within biotech/pharma/medical device industry or other contract-intensive fields a plus.
- Familiarity with Ariba contract management system a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.