- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company's Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market.
- These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain our company’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Our company is a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company located in Marin County dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the lives of patients suffering from diseases that are often undeserved and ignored.
- The Contracts Associate (CA) position is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic corporate legal department supporting a growing, global biopharmaceutical company.
- The CA works closely with in-house attorneys and other professionals in a fast-paced, high-volume corporate legal department.
- You will need to be detailed-oriented, able to multi-task, and to communicate effectively across many functional areas.
- The key role of the CA is to draft, manage, and track company contracts and to communicate with internal clients and external contracting partners.
- The CA will work closely with a wide range of our company functional groups, including Information Technology and other General and Administrative departments, Commercial, and Development Sciences. Other project-based legal department work in other areas may also be assigned.
- Research prior/existing relationship with contracting parties;
- Draft and negotiate multiple contract types, primarily from templates, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Scopes of Work, and Change Orders.
- Utilize playbooks to negotiate contracts with oversight from our company's in-house counsel;
- Monitor and track a large volume of contracts from draft to final signatures using Ariba, our company's contract life-cycle management system;
- Maintain and update our company’s contract management system for each assigned contract;
- Ensure company-wide compliance with our company’s contracting policy;
- Act as liaison between business partners, company-in-house counsel, and third party vendors;
- Facilitate contract execution.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal business clients.
- Communicate with internal business partners regarding contract needs, obligations, and revisions.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Drive Legal Department initiatives including promotion and training of the self-authored contract program;
- Provide back-up support to other Contracts Associates in Legal.
Experience and Skills:
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong computer skills in database management and document preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage heavy workload and aggressive timelines, prioritize tasks and assignments, and work well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with Legal Department colleagues, internal business clients, and third party vendors/partners.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, a quick learner, and have a strong work ethic.
- Exercise sound judgment in escalating issues to company in-house counsel.
- Experience in legal support, contracts administration, or other relevant experience is a plus.
- Experience with Ariba contract management system is a plus.
- Experience within biotech/pharma industry is a plus.