Contract Administrator, EUCA - United Kingdom
- Our company is an exciting new company, headquartered in the US.
- We are building a platform to become a credible partner in progressive, non-viral Liver Diseases to physicians, patients, payers and the broader scientific community.
- We are creating a European organisation full of people who are committed to bringing new innovation in Liver Diseases.
- We are looking to appoint an exceptional Contract Administrator, EUCA who can support a leading European organisation that will advance company’s mission of bringing innovative medicines to patients with neglected non-viral chronic liver diseases.
- Based in our EUCA headquarters in Central London, the Contract Administrator, EUCA will report into the Director of EU Supply Chain.
- This position performs Legal contract administration and purchasing/supply chain activities in a contract software and ERP system for indirect materials, general supplies and services.
- Primary responsibility is to ensure the legal contracts are reviewed and approved, and support procurement and supply chain in the receipt of materials and services.
- This position works with the Legal Department to input contracts, proposals, and CDAs into the Legal Department’ contract management software system (Cobblestone). This position will also work with Procurement to place purchase orders, Finance to ensure the payment of Suppliers and assist where necessary with Supply Chain related admin.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily:
- Maintain strong communication with the Legal Department, Accounts Payable (A/P) and internal customers. Be a strong team player within the EUCA Supply Chain/Procurement Department.
- Observe and follow all Procurement, Supply Chain, Vendor Management and Quality SOPs
- Maintain ERP/Cobblestone system data bases. Ensure prompt and accurate processing of contracts, requisitions, purchase orders and invoices in support of all departments and financial goals
- Review contracts in order to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications. Ensure timely legal review for Operations requirements.
- Understanding of the importance and compliance requirements for executing contracts with vendors
- Liaising with both internal and external customers to ensure prompt and correct data entry of all contracts
- Timely follow up of all correspondence between the Cobblestone system, company Legal Team, and Vendors to ensure contracts are correctly executed, signed and filed.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers
- Analyse Cobblestone every day for Contract status and action items.
- Support the EUCA Supply Chain/Procurement Department and be fully familiar with Workplace and GP and the roles they play within Supply Chain and company’s Procurement/Financial Approval Process.
- Maintain accurate purchasing standards in conjunction with Finance Department
- Review purchase order requisitions in order to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications when required.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts and orders.
- Assist the sourcing of suppliers, obtaining quotes and negotiation of contracts.
- Review of workload to be reported and undertaken regularly with Legal, Procurement and Senior Exec Admins
- Bachelor’s degree and contract and/or procurement experience.
- Ability to learn a legal contract and purchase order processes, use ERP systems, and participate actively in cross-functional project teams
- Negotiation skills with suppliers, proven cost reduction efforts, experience with contract negotiation
- Experience with legal contracts, ERP and requisition systems
- Experience with MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Workplace, Great Plains, Cobblestone (Insight) a plus
- Ability to build partnerships across the organization
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with minimal daily instruction.
- Ability to think strategically in order to improve current processes.