Continuous Improvement Leader Production Supervisor - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Assignment and coordination of daily workflow for the manufacture of dehydrated culture media product in the plant
- Overseeing the manufacturing operation in the Pep tone manufacturing, Fine Chemical, Maintenance/ Engineering and Security functions
- Must have understanding of equipment, process and procedures related to product manufacture.
- Responsibilities include the assignment and coordination of union workforce activities within a bio processing production operation
- Providing leadership to hourly associates in order to meet departmental quality, cost and safety goals
- Assures compliance to appropriate regulatory requirements
- May be required to rotate shift coverage
- Responsible for driving and delivering continuous improvement activities at the facility
- In collaboration with the LT work to interpret improvement opportunities and translate into an executable plant strategy as well as helping to define goals, objectives and metrics
- Lead continuous improvement teams and activities, including 5S blitzes, shift-startup, updating PVD boards etc.
- Balance their time between production needs and Continuous Improvement site leader responsibilities, primary focus will be continuous improvement activities
- Implementing and tracking cost saving initiated to meet financial targets associated with continuous improvement initiatives
- Coordinate planning and production activity control
- Maintain departmental records, such as equipment cleaning documentation and equipment maintenance records
- Train and document new associates or current associates in new skills or retraining, to include safety, quality, SOPs and PM
- Direct work activities of the employees in the departments specified above
- Drive LDMS and culture across the manufacturing department
- Manage the KAS program, responsible for tracking and allocating resources to close KAS in order to meet the departmental KAS goals
- Must work with employees at all plant levels and with cross functional areas in and out of site to drive CI along entire Value Stream
- BS degree in natural/biological science, technical or engineering discipline(such as industrial or manufacturing)
- Minimum of 2 years Supervisory experience; with background managing minimum 5 direct report associates
- Minimum of 3 years experience in LEAN/Continuous Improvement projects skillsets working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong influencing skills, Managerial Courage, and conflict resolution skillsets
- Ability to prioritize and complete Lean projects, Plant Metrics, Lean Reports, special projects, and other goals and responsibilities as required.
- Experience working in an unionized environment
- Excellent English Communication skills (Both Oral and Written)
- A working knowledge of lean manufacturing and six sigma tools is desirable.
- Experience with SAP is desirable