This job is currently Archived,
Computational Technician - Spain
Posted on : 02 June 2017
- The Center for Genomic Regulation is an international biomedical research institute of excellence with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries.
- The company shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
- Our company has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
- A 6-month position is open for a computational technician at the company Proteomics Unit.
- As the computational technician, you will work on the development, upgrade and maintenance of the QCloud web interface, a cloud-based quality control system for proteomics experiments.
- In this role you will also create interactive charts with d3.js libraries (or similar), and the implement several aspects to increase the current functionality of QCloud (e.g. the automatic registration of new users and instruments, among others).
- We are looking for highly motivated and organized candidates with previous experience in mass spectrometry, proteomics or similar analytical techniques.
- You must have good communication skills, be capable of working in a group, and have a high degree of work autonomy.
Who would we like to hire?
- You hold a “Cicle Formatiu de Grau Superior” in disciplines related to the area of Information Technology and Communication.
- You have previous experience in developing web applications with HTML5, CSS and JS, and LAMP.
Additional beneficial skills:
- Analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Capability of working independently and in a team.
- We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, providing the successful applicant with unique professional career opportunities.
- Our company offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- The company is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and within the work-life balance programme is offering an opportunity to benefit from annual leave allowance, flexible working hours and teleworking programme.