Computational Scientist | Fulltime - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the strategy for development and leveraging of the Computational Life Sciences cross-functional platform from data integration & management to analysis platform design for our Crop Science activities.
- Define strategy & manage stakeholders requirements related to the implementation of analysis report repository for our plant breeding & research activities. Cross-functional requirements analysis and verification, scoping, priority setting and technical evaluation of solutions.
- Look for opportunities to collaborate with key players both internal and external.
- Participate in external scientific cooperation(s) on specific fields.
- Ensure the compliance with all existing safety standards in the area of responsibility taking into account laws, regulations and directives and evaluate potential risks of the research activities.
- Report progress in relation to critical milestones to X-Functional data science group lead and end-users.
Who you are
- PhD. or Master’s degree in a relevant field of Computational Biology.
- At least 3 years of successful experience in –omics data management and analysis with experience in tools typically used for reproducible data analysis.
- Additional experience with stakeholder management and networking and networking across R&D would be an asset.
- You are a highly motivated candidate with strong interpersonal, organizational, technical, leadership and communication skills and an ability to work in cross-functional team settings in a highly innovating research environment.
- Proficiency in English.
You have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. Our employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- excellent salary including vacation allowance
- Performance bonus
- 13th month “year-end premium”
- 34 days off
- Group insurance which contains a defined contribution pension plan, life insurance and disability plan
- Hospitalisation insurance
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
- A successful innovative organisation
- International career possibilities
- Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop
- Periodical health check
- Personal comfort services