This job is currently Archived,
Computational Expert - Belgium
Posted on : 18 May 2017
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Enhance and expand the Python/Perl based data analysis platform in line with the business requirements to enable and boost data analysis capabilities.
- Define a strategy for data processing and provide solutions that meet the user requirements as well as short and long term priorities.
- Provide technical and functional support to developers, data scientists and other functions within the company network.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Participate in external forums and represent our company in conferences in your area of expertise.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety standards, laws, directives and regulations in your area of responsibility by evaluating potential risks of the research activities and define mitigation.
- Report progress in relation to critical milestones to the High Performance Computing Group Leader and end-users.
Who you are
- Master degree in a relevant field of Informatics/Bioinformatics with at least 3 years of successful experience with domain specific languages (Python and Perl).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux in high performance computing environments.
- Knowledge of statistical programming languages (R) is a plus.
- Experience with hardware acceleration technologies as well as configuration management environments (Puppets, GIT and related tools) and bioinformatics tools and analysis.
- Creative thinking, flexibility, accuracy and autonomy.
- Ability to work with multiple groups in an international setting and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.