Compound Submission Lab Lead Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck Research Laboratories South San Francisco, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving discovery research. Our new multi-disciplinary discovery research site offers state-of- the-art resources to explore the most promising science combined with Merck’s world-class R&D expertise in small molecules and biologics. Located within the heart of the Bay area’s biomedical community, research conducted in our new laboratories spans exploratory biology through early clinical development and is an integral part of Merck’s powerful world-class network of drug and vaccine discovery.
At Merck, we are inspired by the belief that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to scientific excellence can create medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives. Every employee is building on our proud legacy of scientific breakthrough. Our ability to impact the lives of patients worldwide depends on the integrity, creativity, humility and scientific acumen of our team. We are creating a diverse organization that is inspired by invention and founded on a culture of respect and collaboration. At Merck Research Labs South San Francisco, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues while advancing your career.
Discovery Sample Management (DSM) is seeking an experienced scientist to manage daily operation of the Compound Submission Lab (CSL) at our South San Francisco location. Responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
- Management of compound management lab operations including significant interaction with Discovery Chemistry and Disease Area Biology project team members
- Solubilization, weighing and distribution of discovery samples to both internal and external assay facilities following established processes and within agreed upon cycle times
- Preparation and distribution of serially diluted plates
- Production of quality control plate(s) and archive tubes for inclusion in global inventory
- Supervision and training of insourced resources (2) tasked with performing compound management activities
- Collaboration with DSM compound management team in Rahway, NJ and with Compound Submission Lab leads based at other discovery sites to enable best practices
- Utilization and troubleshooting of automated liquid handling equipment
- Coordination of compound shipments with onsite logistics personnel
- Coordination of biological sample pickup/transfer to offsite repository
- Required: B.S./B.A. or equivalent in Chemistry, Biology or Life Sciences
Minimum of (4) years’ Laboratory experience
Experience using analytical balance
Experience using benchtop liquid handling equipment (e.g Tecan Evo)
Self-starter who is able to work independently without direct onsite supervision
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Organization, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
Knowledge of Titian Mosaic Inventory Management System
Experience running Pipeline Pilot protocols
Experience using Microsoft Excel
Knowledge of Tecan Evo software
The quality of our team is essential to our success. We are creating a new and innovative approach to rewarding our employees and establishing a comprehensive value proposition. Our competitive compensation program and benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for us all.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Research Science
Job Title:Senior Scientist, Discovery Sample Management
Primary Location: NA-US-CA-South San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: OEB4 and OEB5
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Laboratory, Scientific, R&D, Research Scientist, Science, Research, Engineering