Competency Development Specialist in Global Development - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Are you a Life Science candidate or a Medical Doctor with drug development experience, leadership talent and flair for innovative solutions, ready for a visible position with impact across R&D?
- Do you have experience with and ideas for the medical role in drug development?
- Can you innovate medical and strategic drug development methods and processes?
- Then you might be our new Competency Development Specialist.
- You can look forward to a diverse job with high impact and visibility.
- You will collaborate globally with a wide range of our company colleagues across the organisation and the Medical Management groups.
- The span of the position is in Global Development, across R&D and in several functional areas in our company outside of R&D such as the Local Country Affiliates, Medical Affairs and Global Safety.
- In Global Development, we are responsible for managing Clinical Drug development worldwide from early development phases to product introduction to the market.
- We ensure medical and scientific documentation for clinical submissions and authorities while ensuring that the process lives up to uniform global standards, regulations and business ethics.
About the department
- The position is based in the Medical Anchor within Clinical Pharmacology & Trial Execution.
- Working in the Medical Anchor gives you the opportunity to influence the medical aspects of drug development in our company.
- We develop and maintain the framework and processes related to the work of the Medical Specialists and the Medical & Science teams in the drug development projects.
- We are a team of dedicated employees of diverse background and with a shared interest in clinical drug development optimisation and competency building within the medical area globally.
- Collaborating closely with the Director of the Medical Anchor, Medical & Science department Vice Presidents and peer colleagues, you will drive and lead development of practices, standards and competencies of our approximately 90 Medical Specialists across our clinical project portfolio.
- You will contribute to the value and integrity of our clinical data, as well as patient benefit and safety, by securing the highest level of professionalism and quality in the work of the Medical Specialists.
- You will drive collaboration across diverse professional areas helping Medical Specialists plan, manage and execute clinical trials and development programs.
- You will shape the competencies of our Medical Specialists based on the needs of the organisation.
- In addition, you will lead cross functional working groups together with Global Safety, Medical Affairs, research areas and affiliates.
- Finally, you must stay abreast of new trends within drug development.
- You hold an academic degree as a Life Science candidate (e.g. Medical Doctor, Human Biologist or Pharmacist) combined with several years of experience with planning and conducting international clinical trials within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- You have thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical business and you have the drive for influencing and taking leadership through your specialist knowledge and networking ability.
- You work independently and possess excellent tutoring, communication and presentation skills.
- Interactions with internal and external experts require proficiency in English.
- You are well structured have a high integrity.
- You are change-prepared and have a proactive mind-set.
Working with Us:
- We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes.
- We offer the chance to be part of a truly global work place, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.