Compensation Business Leader - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Compensation Business Leader|
|Job Description||The Compensation Leader will report directly to the VP, People Rewards and lead the compensation function in support of Research and Development, Pharmaceutical Operations and Technology & the Corporate Function. This position will provide thought leadership and expertise bridging compensation, Human Resources and business management to ensure that compensation and other rewards programs are top-notch and effective to the business. The ideal candidate will be entrenched in the business priorities and design innovative solutions to effectively support business challenges. The candidate will be an active member of the HR senior leadership team as well as the People Rewards team. This position is expected to help set the strategic direction of People Rewards and then be able to translate that into a meaningful strategy and approach for the groups supported. Lead, participate and/or pull through corporate compensation initiatives and programs, such as the total rewards strategy review, communications, structure change considerations, incentive plan designs, and annual compensation planning to name a few. |
• Provides thought leadership on compensation and related topics for unique business situations
• Compensation leader for Research and Development, Pharmaceutical Operations and Technology & Corporate Function’s groups.
• Determines and sets the key compensation priorities for the year by identifying opportunities for improvement, continuous innovation and by partnering with the People Rewards team and the Research and Development, Pharmaceutical Operations and Technology & Corporate Function’s groups.
• Manages all aspects of annual compensation within Research and Development, Pharmaceutical Operations and Technology & Corporate Function’s groups including annual salary planning and bonus and LTI planning, market assessments, etc.
• Provides advice and counsel to HR business partners and senior staff on pay programs as well as policy and guideline interpretation.
• Conducts research, keeps current on best practices and provides input on recommendations on global plans and programs.
• Participates in the design, development and implementation of initiatives and programs that enhance Biogen’s ability to attract, motivate and retain talent at all levels of the organization within Research and Development, Pharmaceutical Operations and Technology & Corporate Function’s groups.
• Performs ad hoc analysis and planning to continuously improve our global compensation programs and processes.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Human Resources|
|Qualifications||The successful candidate will have at least 12-15 years of experience as a compensation professional with progressively increasing levels of experience. Experience scaling processes for a large company is desired as well as varied experiences in compensation design and operations. Broader experience in human resources, finance or other core business functions is preferred, but not mandatory. Knowledge of jobs and compensation programs in the biotechnology or the pharmaceuticals industry is preferred, but not mandatory. |
• Ability to identify and clearly communicate findings, patterns, themes and issues that are relevant to our business. Communicate complex technical solutions in a simple manner that can be understood broadly within the organization.
• Ability to consult with colleagues to identify issues, determine potential solutions, and analyze the impact on the broader organization.
• Ability to forge relationships across a range of styles and cultures to form networks within and outside the company. Ability to influence at all levels of the organization including Senior Executives.
• Ability to use core technology to report information, analyze data and develop analytical models
• Knowledge in overall Broad-based compensation areas (salary plans, short and long-term incentives), but able to think broadly to integrate beyond just compensation.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, prioritize effectively and integrate with the rest of the team in a fast paced progressive environment
• Must be a creative thinker and have the courage to take calculated risks
• Strong technical and tactical skills combined with strategic vision, sound business acumen and keen financial and analytic ability
• Ability to assess a situation quickly and ask the right questions
• A track record of creativity and innovation
• Skillful decision maker with a strong understanding of when to involve others in the decision or escalate to higher levels
• Strong conceptual and process thinking abilities; able to simplify the complex and provide structure where there is ambiguity
• Strategic planning and complex problem resolution abilities
• Business and personal integrity
• Keen attention to detail and the ability to deliver a well thought out strategy and accurate product/presentation
• Bachelor’s degree required with preference in Business, Accounting, Mathematics or Finance
• MBA, Master’s degree and CCP certification is highly desirable in a quantitative field
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Strategic Planning, Compensation, Science, Strategy, Research, Human Resources