This job is currently Archived,
Communications Specialist - Belgium
Posted on : 10 April 2017
Your tasks and responsibilities
Support the Managing Director with high quality executive communications, by offering both strategic advice and support in the preparation and execution of site communications activities
- Act as a Communication Business Partner for the different functions and facilitate the communication flow between the different functions on the site.
- Develop attractive communications materials to present the Innovation Center and the different departments
- Coordinate the organization of local employee events
- Manage the intranet and implement new channels to further enhance internal communications
- Ensure the successful roll-out of global internal communications campaigns
- Gather input and draft articles for company’s employee magazine.
- Detect and develop positive and newsworthy stories for internal communications and (social) media relations, in an industry that is not well-understood by the general public and therefore is often perceived as controversial
- Organize visits to the Innovation Center for key internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to external communications projects initiated at Benelux level.
Who you are
At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in communications with a strong emphasis on internal communications; experience in a PR agency is a plus.
- University degree preferably in communications, journalism.
- A background or strong interest in (bio)science and innovation
- Full proficiency of English and Dutch; knowledge of French is an asset.
- Excellent writing & editing skills and able to translate scientific topics to reach the widest of audiences.
What we offer you
- You have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. Our company employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- excellent salary including vacation allowance, smartphone and expense allowances;
- performance bonus and year end premium;
- 34 days off;
- group insurance which contains a defined contribution pension plan, life insurance and disability plan and hospitalization insurance;
- an inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues;
- a successful innovative organization;
- international career possibilities;
- challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop;
- personal comfort services.