This job is currently Archived,
Communications and Engagement Officer - United Kingdom
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 14 May 2017
Department Marketing Statement
- Our company is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 11,000 employees throughout 70 facilities in 16 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services.
- We take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health.
- Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
- At our world class facility , our Human Resources Department currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Communications and Engagement Officer.
- Our Human Resources department provides a wide range of services to all divisions of the company site.
- We have over 950 staff at this facility and our goal is to provide employees with relevant guidance and assistance where necessary, whilst also working with local management in order to recruit the most suitable candidates into their departments.
- Production of a Site Communication Strategy
- Responsible for delivering and supporting internal communication channels
- Research, write and deliver internal news stories for an in-house newsletter, company intranet site and digital signage software by working closely with internal colleagues
- Manage and update the company's social media sites
- Maintain and update information on the Company’s intranet
- Managing the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects and budgets
- Running fundraising events and campaigns
- Organise and coordinate volunteering placements
- Management of the CSR database tools and generate reports
- Writing and developing CSR communications and presentations
- Responsible for producing and delivering site updates in conjunction with Senior Management to departments on a quarterly basis
Applicants should have:
- A degree in Communications/Marketing/PR or relevant experience
- Proven experience of, and interest in, new media and digital technology developments
- Good IT skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Involvement in the delivery of communication campaigns
- Experience of producing newsletters
- Experience of managing multiple tasks and projects in a fast moving environment
- Excellent listening and written communications skills
- Comfortable working with people at all levels
- Highly organised
- Enthusiastic team player
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
- Excellent career development & training opportunities.
- Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day, company Social Responsibility Program.
- Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
- Subsidised Staffroom.
- Free onsite car parking