Commodity Manager, OEM - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Summary:As a member of the Global Procurement Organization, the Commodity Manager will be responsible for setting the long term commodity strategy, derived and in close alignment with BU/Product Line Business strategies. She/he has global responsibility for preferred supplier network management; drives major material related productivity projects, supplier relationship and performance. The commodity manager has functional responsibility (governance) for all procurement activities and related processes globally for the commodity in conjunction with the organizational units and their respective regulations with the target to maximize the contribution to business success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary interface to Business Unit leaders to align procurement activities with BU operating priorities to achieve defined business and financial objectives
- Development and management of global commodity strategy for OEM commodity
- Guide the selection, development, and management of preferred strategic suppliers to meet cost and performance goals
- Conduct price and contract negotiations with contract conclusion on short, mid and long term horizon to guarantee security of supplies at the best conditions.
- Maintain intensive regular contact with internal and external interdisciplinary partners and working-/ project groups to recognize developments (market, demand etc.) and to exert the appropriate influence on decisions and processes.
- Guide and perform supplier management: Supplier qualification, documentation and communication or preferred suppliers, regular supplier and strategic evaluations and supplier development to obtain and develop best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain.
- Define concepts for risk and contract management and drive the activities to realize the concepts to avoid risks and warranty costs caused by supplies. Implement alternate source strategy if required.
- Guide and manage the optimization of the supply chain regarding inventory levels, transport and lead times. Engage in the implementation of best in class supply chain processes.
- Organize regular business reviews to continuously rate the suppliers on defined KPIs (supply chain performance, quality, cost competitiveness, technology roadmap) to monitor suppliers operations and define measures to develop the suppliers.
- Implement material field specific benchmarking and best practice sharing with the internal organization, with external partner companies as well as with competitors to further improve procurement within the material field.
- Maintain regular contact with relevant global and local interfaces to gather information, fully inform network partners and ensure information exchange with relevant interfaces.
- Requires a BS Degree, preferably within business related discipline, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience within commodity management role
- Experience negotiating long term agreements preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment serving both internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Ability to lead and participate in cross-functional project teams while maintaining positive and productive working relationships across a broad range of people and groups.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision; self-managed and self-motivated.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and against tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to negotiate effectively in a concise manner.
- Ability to manage priorities and stay on top of critical responsibilities.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.