Commercial Partnership Director Job
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The role of the Commercial Partnership Director <
i. Alliance Operations : manage performance in market, to market , 2nd packaging agreement / operational partnership KPI management & ensure adherence to contractual agreements
ii. Distributor Operations: Financial Forcasting, inventory, AR and working capital.
iii. Point of Sales Operations: Managing in market sales especially in top account, leading CTC (KAM) organization, Implementation of structured commercial processes to develop business in different trade customers etc.
iv. Financials: Responsible for effectiveness & efficiency of commercial terms, ensuring proper governance and SOPs in place.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• Establish a structured framework for engaging with MSD local partners in a way that serves the mutual objectives & Act as the face of MSD to the relevant strategic alliances
• Identify and align key stakeholders across internal and partner functions, put in place alliance governance and ensure that it functions efficiently
• Develop a clear understanding for the trade environment of different trade customers in the market and support the execution of structured commercial processes / framework to maximize MSD business by driving topline and bottom-line.
• Articulate a clear strategy for the market covering both retail & public channel that is focusing on capturing trade opportunities with clear operational & financial KPIs; switch, availability/distribution and affordability.
• Top level communication skills to ensure cross functional collaboration among different internal stakeholders
• Experienced trade customer negotiation skills to ensure trade negotiation with top accounts are managed in a structured and effective manner.
• Establish analytics procedure that evaluates, quantifies, identifies and prioritizes revenue growth opportunities utilizing external & internal data resources and based on solid research data.
• Ensure continuous development of his team trade competencies by investing in long-term development plans in alignment with the learning and development department and to establish a commercial culture within MSD that will position the organization as the company that defines and sets the standards of how trade teams should operate with external trade customers.
The successful candidate will be a status quo changer & entrepreneurial.
He/she should have the following competencies:
• Track record of strategic and executional commercial achievements in a complex trade environment & Saudi experience is a plus.
• Strong business and commercial acumen and leadership capabilities.
• Deep experience with externally facing partners/3rd parties
• Experience influencing senior leaders with business rationale both internally and externally
• High level of understanding on managing top accounts in retail channel with clear set of KPIs.
• Accustomed to working in a diverse and rapidly changing workload, delivering projects across several teams, timelines and within a matrix structure
• Innovative strategic thinker with exceptional process and project management skills.
• Commercially astute, proactive and self-starter
• Strategic thinker; Innovative and creative; problem solver
• Demonstrates expert skills in pushing boundaries & setting the tone for hard negotiations, using indirect strategies to persuade such as establishing alliances.
• Analytical skills with an ability to synthesize data/insights into actionable business recommendations
• Superior collaborative skills, with an ability to work across cultural, geographic, and hierarchical boundaries
Education and Experience:
• BSc. Degree or international equivalent from an accredited university, MBA is a plus.
• Minimum 10 years of commercial experience in a leading pharmaceutical company.
• Oral and written communication proficiency in English.
• Experienced in managing top accounts (customers, distributors) in different channels with different therapeutic area experience
• Minimum 5 years of leadership role and people management experience
• To have a passion for achievement; strong negotiating/influencing skills, integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen.
• Flexible mindset, Interpersonal and organization skills; strong customer focus and service orientation and communication skills.
• Confident; team player, can do multi-tasks, strong coordination, implementation skills.
• Resilient with an ability to deal with ambiguity and complex operating environments
• Drive results & foster collaboration
• Entrepreneurial mentality – willing to take reasonable risks
• Mix of strategic thinker capabilities and strong operational and executional knowledge
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Key Account Management Job Title:Dir, Key Account Management
Primary Location: EMEA-Saudi Arabia
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Retail Sales, Pharmaceutical Sales, Sales Operations, Science, Research, Retail, Sales