Commercial Director for the United States
You will be an ambassador for Bluebee’s high performance genome analytics solutions. You will develop new relationships with potential customers, nurture existing relationships, understand their requirements and carry out activities required to ensure a pipeline of opportunities and a client base in line with agreed company-wide and personal goals.
As a key member of the Bluebee team, you will actively play a role in identifying and defining new market opportunities and creating the context to bring opportunity to fruition. Your interaction with customers and partners and your creative ability will provide essential input to marketing and product development. You will be reporting to the VP of Sales
You will bring experience from the sector and access to networks and influencers of relevance. The position will be based and carried out in the US.
The ideal Commercial Director will have the following traits and skills:
- Extensive experience in life sciences and/or bioinformatics, NGS data analysis platforms, driving new business through consultative selling.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Years of experience in successfully selling complex Software as a Service solutions. Understanding the product’s features and how they drive benefits.
- A strong network in the NGS clinical market, knowing senior silicon lab contacts is an advantage.
- A commercial mindset enables you to strategically prospect, easily build rapport, and actively listen to customers.
- With an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, you thrive in a hands-on environment and have a clear focus on meeting customer expectations and delivering results.
- You are able to travel as needed to meet your targets. Travelling to Bluebee’s offices in The Netherlands and Belgum will be required.
- The position demands a high level of interpersonal skills, presentation ability, personal integrity and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You are a successful networker, lively and outgoing with a natural ability to build and foster relationships.
Working for Bluebee
We think A+ employees deserve an A+ treatment and it takes a great employer to hire successful employees. Therefore, Bluebee offers an attractive compensation package and the opportunity to work in an intellectually challenging and open entrepreneurial corporate culture, with a focus on quality and professionalism. We prefer ownership over hierarchy, and we facilitate learning and venturing. We deliver top-notch technology and aim for the top-notch solutions.
We like to work with bright, talented people in a challenging, diverse, and rapidly evolving domain.
At Bluebee we foster the combination of innovation and focus, we combine accountability with responsibility and encourage initiative, teamwork and respectful, candid and open communication.
Working for Bluebee is an experience more than it is a job. As we grow the organization we want you to grow with us; we will create opportunities for self-development and encourage ambition. Working for Bluebee is a great way for you to become part of a company where you will make a difference. Not just for Bluebee, but particularly for Bluebee’s customers, partners and the ultimate beneficiary of what we develop: society.
Your savvy, creativity and intelligence is what we need to build a successful company.
Bluebee, is a private venture capital backed company, headquartered in Rijswijk, The Netherlands, establishing itself as a leading provider of high-performance genomic cloud-based solutions.
Bluebee offers a cloud-based genomics analysis platform that enables fast and affordable data processing. Bluebee enables research and clinical labs to substantially reduce cost, complexity and throughput time of their data analysis and help sequencing service providers and diagnostic test providers to effectively expand their offering and market reach.
The highly secured Bluebee platform offers scalable yet localized data processing and storage, while providing full control of configuration, sharing and collaboration.
The combination of domain experts in the development and deployment of large-scale mission-critical infrastructure, seasoned bioinformaticians and renowned academic researchers in high-performance computing, led to the use of combined game changing technologies – high-performance computing, cloud computing and NGS –to deliver a unique genome analytics service.
Today the company employs 30 staff and is led by an experienced team coming from both industry and leading universities.
Bluebee’s headquarters are in Rijswijk, The Netherlands, with sales and operations in Mechelen Belgium, and an office based in Cambridge, US.