Commercial Development Manager - Drug Product - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Help shape the future of medicine and join us – we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
- Our company is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs
- Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times.
- With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the company family is growing rapidly.
- Responsible for leading the site / technology commercial and business strategy along with the Business Unit Head in order to meet the needs of the market, customers, and company. Supports the Business Unit Head in managing P&L of the overall business through portfolio optimization using and providing market focused direction and assessment of present and future competitiveness of our offering and position.
- Be the market expert regarding Business Unit services for the internal organization.
- Accountable to the Business Unit Head for the relevant performance (sales and P&L) against budget of the site / technology in collaboration with the Operations Head.
- Determines our positioning and value proposition, offerings, pricing strategy, and the terms and conditions.
- Supports the sales & BD team in the acquisition of new business and existing business extensions by providing assistance in the evaluation and proposal process, customer visits and negotiations to secure short and long term business.
- Responsible for managing the pipeline/portfolio which includes tracking and prioritizing new inquiries and leading a cross functional team supporting the Business Development efforts.
- Through business development, grow the sales and profitability in line with the set targets yearly and over the planning horizon. Adjust sales and business development strategy as needed to meet targets.
- Financial and business acumen to understand and manage a P&L
- Manage the business process for introduction of new and existing opportunities. Lead the internal business team meetings.
- Develop of the commercial and business strategy for the respective site / technology.
- Lead in creation of business plans for go/no-go decisions on capital investments and ensure decisions are aligned with market, business and portfolio management.
- Work with Marketing to ensure offerings, content is developed to support the Marketing and Communications strategy
- Align with Marketing Intelligence to generate and qualifying leads with Marketing Intelligence.
- Work with Sales & Business Development team to ensure follow up, provide sales and technical tools and assistance in the selling process.
- Identify and deliver new business opportunities to grow the business
- Set guidance for pricing and terms and conditions, and provide back up and oversight of the sales team in issuing project proposals to customers and negotiating contracts.
- Frequently visits accounts and proactively approaches new potential customers to acquire new project and products in support of Sales & Business Development.
- Market Visibility: Actively represents at trade shows and conferences, through membership in industry organizations and through appropriate dialog with the press.
- Leads implementation and execution of Sales &Operating Plan for respective area of responsibility.
- Provides updates to management in regards to the progress of the Sales & business development activities, the overall portfolio, issues and an outlook on sales and profitability for the current and future years
Qualifications for success:
- Education: BS in Life Sciences or Engineering with 6+ years’ experience in CDMO/CMO preferred in a Sales & Business Development and / or Commercial / Portfolio Development with relevant Operations exposure / experience.
- Structured and organized approach. Ability to think proactively.
- Strong influential leadership skills and emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrates strong commercial, Sales & BD, account management, project management, customer relationship skills, and communication skills
- Able to build strong and motivational relationships with Sales & Business Development, Operations, Finance teams and demonstrate positive attitude toward challenges
- Able to develop and implement strategic business plans and commercialization strategies
- Proven track record of bringing in new business and negotiating contracts
- Technical understanding of respective area required
- Broad but substantial knowledge base in multiple business lines preferred (API, Drug Product, Laboratory Testing Services)
- Proven ability to influence and lead at all levels of the organization to deliver results
What we offer you:
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching