Commercial Data Management Leader - United States
|External Posting Title||Commercial Data Management Leader|
|Job Description||Biogen has one of the most exciting pipelines in the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry. The company has doubled in size ($5-11B) in the past three years. Along with this growth comes significant complexity and a strong need to establish robust processes and governance. |
Data happens to be the key driver of business decisions for the Commercial organization at Biogen. Maintaining the data sanctity for enabling data driven decisions is of highest importance. We are looking for a business focused IT leader that can continue to drive the data foundational projects to effectively manage and govern the data and data quality. The suitable candidate will accomplish this vision by closely partnering with the key business stakeholders of Commercial organization in creating a sustainable, scalable model for accomplishing strategic and operational goals.
As a leader in our Commercial IT function and as a strategic business partner to our global business leads, this thought leader will be the authority on visioning and delivering globally coordinated solutions related to Master Data and Data ingestions.
• The ideal candidate is accountable for leading, planning and implementing master data management, data lifecycle management and associated technology solutions in close partnership with US & EU+ CIM organization
• Partner with key business stakeholders from US and EU+ Customer Information Management (CIM) and in the areas of Field Force, Medial Affairs, Market Access, Patient Services, and Marketing organizations to address their data challenges and offer solutions using industry-proven methods.
• Infuse the company with strong Data management practices that allow us to effectively work in improving our Customer experience, e.g. Sales Force Automation, Account Planning, Patient Case Management, non-Promotional Interactions, and Multichannel Excellence.
• Develops and enhances data accessibility, level of integration, and ownership roles and responsibilities.
• Construct, articulate and enroll leadership in an operational vision and ensure change management is woven into all change initiatives.
• Develop, communicate, and execute on a business-aligned IT strategy that will contribute to the success of Commercial strategy and partner with IT Delivery teams to ensure key data initiatives are delivered on-time, on-budget, and with quality.
• Provide vision around best practices for data acquisition, data integration and information management.
• The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate ability to manage strategic data priorities and projects through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
• Accountable for managing the portfolio of Commercial Data Management projects and associated budget.
|Location||Weston, MA, US|
|Qualifications||At Biogen, we focus not only on results but also on how we achieve our success. As part of our Culture of Excellence we stress the value of collaboration as we strive to Care Deeply, Work Fearlessly, and Change Lives. The Successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:|
• A dynamic, yet humble leader who doesn’t mind being in an individual contributor role with enormous influence over the direction of a fast-growing company. Someone who is confident, can clearly communicate, and take a stand for things that matter will do well in our culture.
• Someone who understands and is open to working with outsourced/offshore resources and feels comfortable influencing without direct control over shared services groups.
• Someone who comes to work every day passionate about improving the way people work and the use of technology to make a real difference
• Someone who has 5 - 10 years of experience with Commercial Data within a Biotech or Pharma industry and is familiar with data from: IMS, Symphony, Fingertip Formulary, etc.
• A solid understanding of Data Management Framework will be necessary.
• Someone who understands the interdependencies of the data and impact of the data to the Commercial organization, e.g., Marketing and Patient Services inter-data-relationship
• The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong communication skills in articulating the vision, issues encountered, associated impacts and recommendations for resolution
• An undergraduate degree in science/technical discipline
• A graduate degree, MBA or other post graduate degree is helpful but not necessary.
• Having a Certified Data Management Professional Certification demonstrates the knowledge on Data and is preferred
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manager, Database, Biotech, Data Management, Marketing Manager, Management, Technology, Science, Data, Marketing