|External Posting Title||Co-op: Packaging Technology|
|Job Description||This is a full-time co-op role from July-December 2017.|
The Global Trade Management (GTM) co-op position provides an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience and exposure to global logistics and Biogen’s distribution packaging and shipping qualification activities. Working as a member of the GTM team, the co-op will support:
• Distribution Packaging Design and Development
• Qualification Documentation
• Operational aspects of implementing new shipping solutions
• Assist in the creation of packaging specifications and qualification protocols/reports.
• Work with external vendors in order to execute qualification studies on various packaging components.
• Support the Aducanumab development program by participating on a team during package development activities.
• Support lifecycle initiatives and process improvements for Shipping Qualification
The position is based in Cambridge with possible travel to local suppliers and test labs (transportation can be provided by the company).
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Co-op, Operations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)|
• Advanced Excel Skills desirable
• Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement experience highly desirable
To participate in the Biogen Co-op Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
• Enrollment in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program, returning to the academic program following Biogen internship assignment
• Minimum grade point average of 3.2 preferred
• At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
• Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies
• Undergraduate Engineering student completed at least two years of program
• Desired majors include: Packaging or Mechanical Engineering
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Engineer, Intern, Mechanical Engineer, Science, Engineering, Entry Level, Research