Co-op, Global Safety and Environment (Millsboro, DE) Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Global Safety and the Environment (GSE) team helps Merck ensure a safe and healthy workplace, comply with legal requirements, and protect the environment and the communities in which we operate. The GSE team develops Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs and helps sites implement them around the world. Not only do consistent processes ensure that performance expectations are met, but they facilitate rapid sharing of proven practices globally.
Merck’s GSE Future Talent Program features Co-ops that last 20 to 24 weeks and will include several projects. These internships provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals. We are looking for the student who is passionate about integrating EHS compliance into our manufacturing and research operations. Assignments will include duties and responsibilities such as:
- Responsible for providing compliant EHS programs to operating departments at selected operational facilities.
- Integrate EHS programs into daily operations to assure regulatory compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement and meet EHS performance objectives.
- Partner with operations to address technical and regulatory issues to ensure achievement of Merck’s business goals while protecting the safety of our employees and the environment in which we work.
- Internship assignments may also support GSE’s Center Of Excellence Team to drive technical and regulatory assistance to our operations through critical thinking, problem solving and innovation.
Global Safety & Environment
We are looking for students with outstanding academic records of achievement and demonstrated leadership abilities, candidates who are analytical, inquisitive, perceptive, and quick learners committed to helping to further Merck's vision and mission.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program leading to a BS or greater in Chemical, Civil, Biochemical or Process Safety Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or related discipline.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, or lawful permanent resident of U.S. or otherwise authorized to work in U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Possess superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the areas of critical thinking, problem solving and project management techniques.
- Highly motivated, driven to succeed and innovative.
- Willingness to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Primary Location: NA-US-DE-Millsboro
Job Type: Co/Op
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Relocation Provided: None
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Delaware
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Environmental Engineering, Safety, Law, Engineer, Science, Engineering, Service, Legal