CNC Machinist - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
- Set up and operate, in an efficient timely manner, a wide range of machine tools, both CNC and manual such as grinders, mills, lathes, and hones on a diverse range of product involving difficult operations, aerospace tolerances, and complex shapes. Machines used at Valley View include HAAS vertical mills, Toyoda Grinders, Accuturn, Prodigy, Hardinge, and HAAS lathes.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
- Work from and read blueprints as well as setting and checking work to various quality control gages.
- Troubleshooting and determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of machining experience
- Experience in machining composites, metals, and or aluminum extrusions
- Ability to read CNC programs
- Demonstrated ability to set up and operate manual and CNC equipment
- Proficient in shop math, including geometry and conversions
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and understand tolerance
- Demonstrated ability to use precision gages
- Knowledge of FANUC controls
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Willing and able to work any shift (3 shift operation) in a drug and tobacco free, safety conscious environment
- Dependability & willingness to work overtime, including evenings, weekends, and holidays when requested
- Ability and willingness to train others or learn from others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3-5 years of machining experience
- CNC machinist certification
- Knowledge and/or experience (Statistical Process Control)
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.