CMOS RMA Technician - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Medical Imaging business of PerkinElmer is a global leader of high performance X-ray detectors with more than 25 years of experience. The business has supplied over 35,000 detectors globally for use in medical, veterinary, and industrial non-destructive testing (NDT) applications.
We are seeking CMOS RMA Technician based in Santa Clara, CA. This is a temporary position with the possibility to convert to regular full-time.
- Management of RMA and Service department for CMOS product group.
- Responsibility for Quality of all outgoing product.
- Assist in failure analysis and reporting.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair incoming RMA detectors at minimal cycle times.
- Assist in the preparation of finished product.
- Preparation of all paperwork related to production and RMA’s.
- Frequent communication with Engineering, Production and Customer Service regarding RMA’s.
- Provide initial diagnostic of incoming RMA and schedule repair.
- Manage RMA related CAPA’s and maintain a failure database to look for defect trends.
- Maintain RMA Tracker and provide regular status updates to management.
- Sourcing replacement parts from warehouse and maintaining accurate inventory levels (NCMR…etc
- AA degree in an engineering discipline with emphasis in electronics and/or semiconductor technology or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in a semiconductor or high tech manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with general direction from manufacturing process engineer.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proficient in electrical troubleshooting and with associated tools.
- Training and working knowledge of safety and environmental issues within a semiconductor/electronics processing environment.
- This job requires lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- The use of fine motor skills is required in order to grasp small objects (i.e. electronic components, screws, hand tools such as tweezers).
- Ability to perform precision work (e.g. small component soldering) under a microscope.
- Frequent physical mobility to and from various work areas is essential.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient leadership, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
- Failure analysis, report writing experience is desirable.
- Computer and data base applications knowledge is preferred.