Cluster Compliance & Ethics Officer - Austria
- Drive the implementation and management of the compliance program, processes and systems in Germany and the CENE region countries. Serving as a compliance business partner for company’s Germany and CENE operations and employees, providing business, ethics and compliance advice and training to enhance business operations.
- Supporting compliance investigations and audits. Developing appropriate responses to investigations and audits, including remedial measures.
- Responding to helpline inquiries. Collaborating across departments to enhance, from an ethics and compliance perspective, business operations.
- Deliver compliance training to internal/external audiences.
- Analyzing internal and external ethics and compliance developments and implementing responses to these developments which enhance the global ethics and compliance program.
- Serving as a member of the EMEAC/AA Compliance Team to continuously improve and enhance the global ethics and compliance program and serving on Germany and the CENE leadership team.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of: company and its global business operations and strategy; industry laws, regulations and guidelines, company policies, procedures, and guidelines; external legal, regulatory and business developments.
- Ensure local Compliance policies are available and rolled out
- Partner with other compliance professionals to address compliance risk areas in Germany and the CENE countries, including anti-bribery/anti-corruption, transparency, privacy interactions with health care providers and others.
- Implement new systems and processes to monitor and audit activities in Germany and the CENE countries and support the enhancement of the company compliance monitoring program.
- Monitor the external environment to ensure the implementation of external best practices as well as to respond to future business, ethics and compliance developments.
- In collaboration with the regional team, develop annual risk based training plan and ensure timely implementation
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry serving in compliance, legal, audit or other roles.
- Thorough functional knowledge of the elements of a pharmaceutical ethics and compliance program.
- Must possess thorough knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and its business operations.
- Demonstrated project management skills; experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong business partner with a focus on collaboration and delivering results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organization skills.
- Native German Language and fluent in English required other EU languages will be an asset.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of applicable pharmaceutical industry laws, regulations and guidelines, including privacy, anti-corruption, transparency, customer/patient interactions, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas