Clinical Research Coordinator- GenMedPsych studies - United States
Bio Clinica (company)
Compass Research, now a part of the Bioclinica Research Network, is a clinical research company dedicated to testing investigational medications that cover a broad range of diseases and disorders. We conduct both inpatient and outpatient research studies in all phases of research (Phases 1-4) and are one of the leading research centers for Alzheimer's Disease research in the United States.
We are currently seeking full time Clinical Research Coordinators for our Outpatient clinic located in Orlando Florida.
- Understand thoroughly all assigned studies through reading protocols, attending investigator meetings and start-up meetings, and coordinating with Principal Investigator
- Adhere strictly to the study protocol; obtain exemptions when necessary/appropriate
- Communicate protocol issues to CRO and/or Sponsor, Site Administrator, Director, Principal or Sub-Investigator
- Articulate all pertinent issues to the PI or document by email/letter or during meetings
- Collect initial psychiatric and medical information by interviewing patients and by accessing other appropriate sources
- Ensure a flow of communication including telephone conferences between patient, study staff, referral sources, Sponsor and/or CRO, Monitor(s), Auditors and any marketing groups hired by the Sponsor
- Utilize various psychiatric rating scales and maintaining interrater reliability with other clinicians at Compass Research
- Perform clinical tasks including, but not limited to, vital signs, height and weight, ECG, phlebotomy, specimen packaging
- Maintain timely Compass Research source documentation as well as sponsor required information.
- Dispense and maintain accurate records of study medication
- Educate patients and family regarding their particular study and clinical drug trials in general.
- Complete all monitor and sponsor queries in a timely manner
- Provide appropriate community resource referrals to patients, caretakers, and family at conclusion of patient’s participation in study
- Learn and support the mission and goals of Compass Research’s program
- Ability to communicate clearly/effectively (written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 year of experience in a clinical environment required – preferably in a clinical research setting in the position of Research Assistant or CRC.
- LPN, RN, or other medical licensure or certification preferred.