Clinical Facility Veterinarian I - United States
- Provides health care for all research animal models.
- Ensures that the veterinary heath care program is in compliance with all regulations and guidelines.
- Leads the NHP Project and provides clinical and experimental support.
- Participates in the development and execution of the preventive medicine program and sentinel program.
- Documents general and detailed reports of clinical observations, medical care and surgical treatments using the required system.
- Works with clients and other veterinarians to establish veterinary and animal care standards.
- Provides clinical and surgical support.
- Must participate in annual clinical competency testing on the use of diagnostic equipment, emergency procedures, and obtaining biological samples.
- Assists with the development of facility policies and standard operating procedures.
- Assesse and determines proficiency of the technical staff.
- Participates in the training and guidance of PI’s and their respective staff in technical approaches and ASP support.
- Must be available on call after hours for emergency veterinary care.
- Affirms and supports the Company policy of Equal Opportunity through Affirmative Action.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Requires doctoral degree in veterinary medicine (DVM or VMD) from an AVMA accredited program or ECFVG certification.
- Maintains licensure to practice veterinary medicine in at least one state in the USA.
- Must have 2 years of relevant veterinary experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Animal Welfare regulations and the AAALAC accreditation process.
- Computer literacy is required to use the electronic animal records program and working knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel) preferred.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Duties require a team-oriented approach to solving problems and a proactive contribution positive work atmosphere.
Equal Employment Opportunity