Clinical Director - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our goal is to translate breakthrough science into biomedical innovations to help people with cancer worldwide. For our Oncology division, helping people fight cancer is our passion, supporting accessibility to our cancer medicines is our commitment, and pursuing research in immuno-oncology is our focus to potentially bring new hope to people with cancer.
- Our company is focused on advancing innovative molecules that harness the power of the immune system to fight cancer.
- Our company is making considerable investments in the field of immuno-oncology and is committed to accelerating every aspect of development and commercialization in order to bring our innovative investigational medicines to patients around the world.
- As a global healthcare company, our company ’s role is first and foremost to discover and develop breakthrough medicines and vaccines that address unmet medical needs. We also recognize that we have a role to play – in partnership with other key stakeholders – in helping to ensure our products are accessible and affordable to those in need.
- Through access to care, partnerships with the community and expansion of our capabilities, we want to help as many people with cancer as possible.
- We are excited to be inviting applications for two pivotal roles and Clinical Directors within our European Clinical Development organisation.
- The Oncology Clinical Director is a therapeutic and disease area expert who is responsible for supporting clinical development activities across the European region.
- This position will report to the Oncology Therapeutic Area Head, European Clinical Development.
- Responsible for protocol development and medical/scientific oversight of clinical research studies involving new or marketed drugs being developed within the Oncology therapeutic area.
- Responsible for all phases of the trial process, including but not limited to the design, oversight and medical monitoring of Phase I to IV clinical trials, as well as analysis, interpretation and eporting of final clinical trial results.
- Responsibilities also include presentation of research findings at international scientific meetings and providing European clinical insights from a network of scientific leaders and oncology societies into our development programs.
- He/she will be a member of relevant clinical sub teams and an ad hoc attendee at Product Development Team meetings, also influencing and supporting across Clinical Development, Clinical trial operations, Regulatory affairs, Safety risk management and Business Development functions regionally.
- To provide clinical support to the European Clinical Trial Organisation, Regulatory and Business Development functions within our company Research Laboratories for the Oncology Therapeutic area.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative scientific relationships with key investigators, institutions, groups and consortia to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends in Oncology
- Support data generation activities including provision of our company areas of research interest and ISP process to potential investigators and review of proposals.
- The Clinical Director will also contribute to establishing Oncology Clinical Development Strategies and executing on short- and long-term research objectives.
- Support in creating a community of physicians within the organisation – from Development to country based Medical Directors, Medical Affairs Managers and Medical Science Liaisons.
- Support in providing European clinical insights regarding access programs to Clinical Development and our Research Laboratories.
- We are keen to hear from candidates who have the drive and motivation to make a difference in this field.
- You will also need to be able to demonstrate a number of key attributes including:
MD, or MD/PhD
- Board certified or eligible in oncology related clinical field, including a strong background in solid tumour work
- Prior pharmaceutical industry experience highly desirable
- Clinical/translational research experience with evidence of strong scientific productivity such as authorship on published manuscripts
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to function in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Research background in design and implementation of clinical studies, familiarity with biostatistics, and/or EMA/FDA regulatory review process is desirable
- Specific experience in haematology and/or checkpoint inhibitors would be advantageous
- Proven leadership skills with ability to create and work in high performance teams and/or matrix organization
- Must be able to collaborate to resolution and articulate clear scientific strategy
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Oncology, Clinic, Medical, Manager, Hematology, Healthcare, Management