Clinical Biomarker Specimen Management Scientist Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck & Co. Clinical Biomarker Specimen Management (CBSM) is a group that provides operational expertise in the compliant collection and utilization of clinical research specimens to enable translational medicine and drug development. CBSM consists of roles that support; Inventory Management, Biorepository Management, and IT tools and capabilities. This role will support clinical specimen Inventory Management IT tools and capabilities as well as Biorepository Management activities related to the accurate and comprehensive management of clinical specimen inventory and associated data.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive inventory data of clinical specimens.
- Support specimen inventory and data transfers, chain of custody and discrepancy resolution activities.
- Understand and support the integration of disparate data sources
- Responsible to help manage quality control, process, and associated documentation required to support information management activities, specifically related to specimen inventory and associated meta-data
- BA or BS in scientific, IT or related field of study with at least 5 years or MS with 3 years of pharmaceutical related experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage complex operations and projects under accelerated timelines.
- Ability to partner effectively with internal and external (Biorepositories) teams to achieve results (liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams).
- Strong issue identification and resolution skills.
- Experience with inventory management tools and/or other data management tools including. Enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with Excel (incl. pivot tables, V-look-up, budget tables) or other data tools.
- Familiar with scientific terminology and clinical trial execution.
- Familiar with clinical data management and data sets.
- Experience with vendor contacting for services understanding requirement gathering.
- Familiar with BioFortis Labmatrix Pipeline Pilot software tool (SharePoint-Scientific Work stream Management Solution).
- Experience working with Central Labs and Biorepositories.
- Knowledge of GCP, ICH guidelines and regulatory requirements.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Clinical Research - Clin Ops
Job Title:Scientist, Clin. Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Scientific, Clinic, Manager, Law, Developer, Engineering, Healthcare, Management, Legal, Technology