Client Services Representative II - United States
Coordinate and facilitate sales processes including bids, proposals and letters of authorization. Serve as liaison for client visits to ensure a positive customer experience. Coordinate with marketing, scientific, and financial staff to ensure quality customer service. Provide tactical support for assigned site-specific service areas
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and facilitate proposal and contract processes to ensure smooth and timely business process flow by working with the marketing, scientific, and finance staff.
- Assist manager with scheduling to identify the dates for study initiation and assist with rescheduling studies as needed.
- Prepare general information, bid and proposal packages from generic letters to full proposal responses.
- Prepare and track contracts as requested.
- Use provided information to create scope of work sections for inclusion in contract.
- Assist in coordination of proposals/business plans for the Global Sales and Strategic Account teams.
- Assist with updating and maintaining applicable databases.
- Create and maintain department files.
- Coordinate logistics for client site visits including facility tours, room accommodations, airlines, ground transportation, conference rooms, catering, meal reservations, and agendas as necessary.
- May assist in coordination of scientific staff travel to sponsors.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing and client services presentations.
- Provide backup assistance for the Account Manager.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in science, business or marketing related discipline. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 2-4 years customer service or related experience. .
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Other:Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Organizational skills and attention to detail required. Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Ability to work with time constraints and scheduling issues. Understanding of the business/sales process.
Equal Employment Opportunity