This job is currently Archived,
Client Relations Specialist Amsterdam Netherlands,
IDA Foundation (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
The Client Relations Specialist supports the Global Health Supply Chain. It is the primary vehicle through which USAID will: procure and provide health commodities to partner countries and provide assistance to improve countries management of the supply chains for such commodities. To support global health initiatives in HIV/AIDS, malaria, maternal and child health, and reproductive health, the project has three primary objectives:
- Global commodity procurement and logistics;
- Systems strengthening to support in-country supply chain management, and
- Collaboration via strategic engagement to improve long-term global supply of health commodities.
- In this program our company is the partner who is responsible for the procurement of HIV/AIDS commodities.
- The Programme is dynamic and complex. Compliance with the USAID procurement guidelines is of the highest importance.
- The Client Relations Specialist (CRS) is responsible for building and maintaining close relationships with PSM/USAID and partners.
- CRS receives requisition orders (ROs) from country offices and other clients, coordinates technical validation of the ROs, and obtains sign off from clients on finalized ROs.
- In addition, the routinely provides telephone support for inquiries from clients across task orders.
The Client Relations Specialist reports to the Client Relations Supervisor and is part of the Client Relations team.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with QA/QC Liaisons, shares finalized requisition orders with appropriate QA/QC contractor.
- Obtains country office and/or USAID mission approval for ROs.
- Determines whether requested products can be procured by internal distribution order (DO), supplier purchase order, or whether competitive sourcing is required.
- Creates and sends approved ROs to either Sourcing and Contracts or Fulfillment team.
- Provides proactive and courteous telephone customer service.
- Follows up on inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Continuously works to improve and broaden health commodity product knowledge.
- Liaises with Quality Assurance team to ensure that health products meet appropriate quality standards.
- Provides short term technical assistance and/or capacity building to field offices, as necessary.
Skills & competences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand the dynamics between the different stakeholders and grasping the complex background of the Program when communicating.
- Ability to manage expectations.
- Highly organized, able to independently prioritize own work.
- Able to process large amounts of data and documentation according to rules and regulations.
- Very good administrator.
- Eye for detail, accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others.
- Perseverance and resilience
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- English fluency required and other languages fluency desired.
Experience & education
- Minimum 3 years of procurement, supply chain, and/or technically relevant work experience.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of USAID and other Federal Acquisition Rules.
- Technical product knowledge of one or more GHSC-PSM product areas (medical / lab supplies).
- Obtaining CIPS, CPSM, or other relevant procurement certification is a big plus.
- Experience in working with LMIC (low- and middle-income countries)
Amsterdam The Netherlands
Find a Job Find Candidates