Client Partner – Preclinical Safety Assessment Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As one of the liaisons between Merck Research IT and our clients, the client partner is responsible for identifying the business needs of clients and stakeholders to help determine technology solutions to business problems. This role is also accountable for Quality Assurance to ensure that all requirements have been successfully tested in the resulting technology solution.
This role will partner with the Safety Assessment and Laboratory Animal Resources (SALAR) organization. SALAR helps advance high quality drug candidates into development by defining the non–clinical safety and selectivity of lead compounds. SALAR employees evaluate Lead Op candidates and preclinical toxicity of drug development candidates, as well as assess implications for human safety. Safety Assessment also responds to regulatory questions in support of drug registration.
This role will focus on projects enabling SALAR departments to capture and analyze experimental data, and report their findings in a compliant IT environment. This will include supporting initiatives to leverage in silico data to supplement or replace lab experiments.
The Business Analyst will have regular direct interaction with Directors and other stakeholders in the Client organizations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required (concentration in computer science, information technology, chemistry, biology or related scientific experience is preferred).
- Strong understanding of the Drug Development Process
- Experience working in or directly supporting a preclinical Safety Assessment function; including Toxicology (reproductive toxicology, genetic), bio analytics, pathology, pharmacokinetics or safety pharmacology - OR - a strong background in clinical development.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in the areas of business requirements analysis and gathering, and business process engineering in a client facing role.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience and proficiency with one or more formal methodologies for business requirements analysis and business process engineering.
- Experience with and an in-depth understanding of software lifecycle methodologies.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Strong Facilitation skills; the ability to get the most out of working sessions with clients and partners
- Excellent collaboration skills; this role must partner with multiple IT teams and clients, sometimes in different time zones.
- Risk assessment, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills in motivating team and customers in the achievement of shared objectives.
- Ability to integrate diverse initiatives across systems development groups, business and client organizations, and infrastructure areas.
- Ability to forecast results based on trends, patterns, and sequences.
- Ability to mentor junior level staff and/or contractors.
- Experience with Lean-Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience with Change Execution Management (CEM)
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Business/Tech. Analysis
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Pathology, Engineer, Law, Lean Six Sigma, Genetics, Healthcare, Engineering, Legal, Management, Science